4

the next morning

"my head hurts," she moaned as she woke up. she grabbed a glass of water.

"tam?" she said. "where are you?" she couldn't find her, so she thought she just went outside to get some fresh air.

she was just scrolling on social media when she heard someone opening the door.

she went to check if it was tam or not.

"come inside, don't worry," she heard tam talking to another person. did she bring a guest? she asked herself.

so she was curious to see the guest. the door opened, and her eyes widened.

"park eungyeol?" "kim jino?" jino and eungyeol both said this at the same moment. both of them looked at each other for a long time. tam just stood there because she was confused. then jino's eyes filled with tears.

"wait..." tam said when jino turned around and went to her room. eungyeol's breathing became faster, and tam was worried. "gyeol, what is happening?" she looked at him, and he smiled. "dont worry tam. lets forget this now."

they were sitting on the couch, and tam's head was on his lap. "how do you know each other?" she asked him, and he was playing with her hair. "we were in a relationship for 5 years," tam looked at him. "so she is your ex-girlfriend..." he smiled awkwardly, but she could see how hurt he was.

"why did you break up?" she asked, "she moved to seoul, she never told me," he said while taking a deep breath.

he sat and hugged her, "i love you, tam," he said. she hugged him back, "i love you too." they stayed like this for a while.

after an hour, jino came out of her room and wanted to go out. "where are you going?" tam asked, but she didnt respond and slammed the door.

"is she mad?" she asked. "she needs time," eungyeol answered her. "she is very sensitive when it comes to stuff like this," he said. "i know," she responded.

jino was just taking a walk around the Han River and listening to music when her phone rang. it was yichan.

"can you please come to the café? i have a surprise for you." he said and then hung up. she wasn't in the mood for things like this right now.

"here!!" yichan said when she arrived, she walked to him.

he bought her cake, her favorite cake. she took a chair and sat down, accepting it. "is all of this for me?" she asked, and he nodded. "eat as much as you want, you want this, i know it," he said, and they started eating.

she had no appetite and no good mood, but he kept talking to her the whole time. she then looked at him with annoyed eyes.

"why are you doing this?", she aggressively placed the spoon on the plate. "stop pitying me. why can't you just leave me alone?" her voice became louder, and he looked confused with those doe eyes again. she noticed that, sighed, took her things, and walked out of the café.

"jino, wait," and went out with her. he held her hands, but she pushed his hand away. "why are you doing this? because i told you my story yesterday? i don't want this, yichan." she yelled at him and tried to walk away. he looked down. he pulled her arm so she wouldn't leave. "do you really think that of me?" he said this in a soft and calming tone.

"why the hell would you do that?" she still hasn't calmed down. he audibly inhaled. "because today is my birthday, and i want to celebrate it with someone who is important to me." he looked at her, she looked at him, but then she averted her gaze and sighed.

"look, yichan, happy birthday, but i don't want you, and i don't need you, and that kiss yesterday meant nothing to me." she said it with a cold tone. he got tears in his eyes. "i know you're lying." he came closer. "i'm not lying. you know nothing about me." he nodded and looked away. she still looked at him. "then why did you kiss back? why were you like that last night? do you know how much hope you gave me?" she noticed his voice was trembling, and he was almost crying. "i was drunk, yichan." when she said that, they looked at each other for a long time. it was silent. she looked down, turned around, and walked away.

he neither called her nor held her back. heart broken, he went home, where no one was waiting for him. the entire day passed, and he spent it alone, hoping that she would call him.

yichan had decided to visit jino to make sure she was okay. as he made his way and reached the door to knock, suddenly the door opened, and a young man stepped out. "who... who are you?" eungyeol got startled by yichan. yichan, peeking through the door to see if jino was inside, spotted her within the house. his facial expression changed. frustration escaped him in a strained laugh. "that's why," he said.

yichan turned around and tried to walk away, but eungyeol tapped him. "i meant, who are you, you bastard?" eungyeol became disrespectful and looked at him with provocative eyes. yichan punched him in the face. "how dare you be so disrespectful?" eungyeol was bleeding. jino came out of the house and covered her mouth. eungyeol stood up and struck yichan back.

"tam.. tam, yichan and eungyeol are fighting." tam ran out and held eungyeol back, but jino just stood there and looked at yichan. now she ran to yichan and tried to restrain him. "yichan, please stop." she said it with a concerned voice.

yichan was also bleeding. when jino saw that, she covered her mouth in fear. "yichan.. oh my god, wait here, i'll bring you some bandages," she said, but he didn't say anything. tam brought eungyeol inside. yichan stood up before jino returned and tried to walk away.

it started to rain. again.