chapter 148: Control

Chapter 148: Control

After flying excitedly for a while, Roy finally landed on the ground. It was no wonder he was so excited. He was very clear that under the strict hierarchy system of the Abyss, only by becoming a high-rank demon could he truly obtain freedom.

Yes, becoming a high-rank demon did not only mean strength but also freedom because only high-rank demons could be regarded as having authority and truly become part of the ruling class of the demons!

Just like in the human world, people wanted to become officials for that authority.

Although there were the higher hierarchies of demon lord and demon king above high-rank demon, it was rare to see these higher-level demons. If not for the End War in the Darksiders world, it would have been absolutely impossible to gather so many demon lords, let alone a demon king.

In other words, when Roy went to other worlds in the future, he might not encounter demon lords and demon kings. Without these higher-level demons, no one could control and suppress him.

Moreover, even demon lords did not necessarily use force to suppress high-rank demons. Most of the time, high-rank demons accompanied demon lords, and they were existences equivalent to housekeepers. They took care of trivial matters for the demon lords and served them, so the demon lords had to give them corresponding respect. Without a betrayal, even demon lords could not easily execute high-rank demons.

This was all mentioned in Araniya’s inherited memories. It could be said that after promoting to high-rank demon, both his status and authority had improved considerably. Take Roy’s execution mission for example. If he was not a middle-rank demon but a high-rank demon at the time, he could have even chosen to decline! And if he had chosen to decline, then Demon Lord Rogeros could not punish Roy for it.

Therefore, Roy finally climbed to the upper level of the demon pyramid…

Roy landed in a residential area of this city. Perhaps it was because of the density of the floors here, but the blast wave from the nuclear explosion did not completely raze this place to the ground. Many buildings still had some foundations and small structures left, but the glass of these buildings was long gone. Roy could even imagine the spectacular scene the moment the explosion shattered the glass in this area…

In this residential area, there were many low-level demons lurking in all corners, searching for human survivors and beasts such as cats and dogs in order to obtain blood and souls. For these low-level demons who luckily survived the nuclear explosion, this world was basically now their paradise. They could find scattered souls everywhere. In fact, when they encountered angels, they could even gang up and could kill them, and they might even be able to obtain the souls of angels!

When Roy landed, because he did not deliberately restrain his magic power, the low-level demons immediately felt the power and pressure exuding from him. They whimpered and spontaneously started gathering toward Roy.

When they came in front of Roy, these low-level demons all knelt on the ground and bowed their heads. Those with tails extended their tails toward Roy. Those without tails spread their claws and stretched their palms up toward Roy.

Roy had certainly seen this scene before. Back in the Heroes of Might and Magic world, the low-level demons Xeron summoned expressed their obedience to Xeron like this. This posture looked like that of an orangutan… From this point of view, Roy’s choice to resist at that time was truly unconventional…

These low-level demons were rather large in number. There were low-rank demons and middle-rank demons, adding up to about a thousand of them in total. It was fine for them to move and hunt for food freely before when there was no high-rank demon leading them, but now that Roy was here, they had to accept Roy’s leadership unconditionally. This was the unique authority of high-rank demons! From the moment Roy promoted to high-rank demon, he had automatically obtained the authority of a commander, and he could command these low-level demons at any time to lead them in large-scale battles.