chapter 139: Dark Ritual

Chapter 139 Dark Ritual

While Roy was flying, Julia, who he held in his hand, woke up.

Julia had been upside down all this time, so when she woke up, her perspective was also upside down. She was very confused for a while before realizing her situation and immediately started struggling. “Let go of me! Demon!” Julia shouted at Roy.

Then… Roy really let go! And as soon as he let go, Julia began falling to the ground. Julia tried to flap her wings and fly, but her efforts were in vain because the feathers on her wings had already been burned under the high temperature of the missile explosion. The black feathers on them were incomplete and could not give her enough upward force. As a result, Julia fell smashing headfirst to the ground. As this place was a mountainous area, the ground was relatively soft, so almost half of her body sunk into the soil after she fell.

Ahh… Ahh!”

Julia made muffled sounds in the soil, and her long legs exposed outside were kicking desperately. But she could not get herself out of it because she found it difficult to use her strength.

“…” Roy was a little speechless as he watched this scene in the air. He could only land and pull her out from the ground.

Cough Cough! After being pulled out, Julia collapsed onto the ground and coughed violently. When she was buried, a lot of soil went in her mouth, and she felt extremely unwell. After all the mud was out of her mouth, she looked up and shouted angrily at Roy, “You… How can you humiliate me like this?!”

Roy spread his demon wings and made a regretful expression. “Didn’t you tell me to let you go? I let you go, but you couldn’t fly. Is that my fault?”

Hearing this, Julia twisted around to look at her wings. When she saw the hideous sight of her wings and feathers, she pounded her fist on the ground resentfully. “Damn it! Those humans can actually hurt me?!” Although she was a female fallen angel, she was not like a real woman who would pester endlessly about it and be unclear about the situation. After waking up, she immediately recalled the huge explosion before she lost consciousness. Clearly, she had been attacked by a human weapon earlier, causing her to lose consciousness. And while she was unconscious, this frost demon saved her.

She forced herself to stand up and restored her expressionless face. “Demon! Let’s write off our enmity. I won’t pursue the fact that you’re a deserter nor mention it to anyone. Let’s just treat it as though it never happened, okay?”

After all, she was a barrier troop. Being able to make this promise meant that she had recognized Roy’s favor for saving her. Roy nodded readily. “No problem!” Julia turned to leave, but at this moment, Roy suddenly said, “Are you planning to return to the previous city? If I were you, I absolutely wouldn’t go back now!”

She turned back and asked in puzzlement, “Why?”

Because War, one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, has descended, and the landing point is in that city!” Roy said. “You’ll be courting death if you go back now!”

What?! Impossible!” Hearing Roy’s words, Julia was stunned and could not but raise her voice. “The End War has just begun, so how could they descend at this time?!”

Julia was Samal’s personal guard, so ever since she became a fallen angel, she had always been by his side, staying in this world and participating in the war between Heaven and Hell. Thus, she knew about and understood the existence of this world’s Charred Council.

Behind the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse was the Charred Council. It enforced the ancient laws and contracts and maintained the balance of the world. It had set the End War, and it was the final arbiter of the war. If the Charred Council sent the Four Horsemen to intervene in the End War at this time, it was akin to a referee ending a competition. This was an action that did not comply with the rules, and with the usual style of the Charred Council, it was absolutely impossible for it to do such a thing! Therefore, upon hearing Roy’s words, her first reaction was to think that Roy was deceiving her. But she did not doubt why Roy knew about the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. She thought that Roy had been summoned to this world before and thus understood some of the situations in this world.