Chapter 2: The Next Morning

I awoke to some light rays of early dawn fluttering through the window. You were gone. Now that the room was lit— not by leds I saw it was a cute bedroom.

It was very open and airy with very little clutter. It wasn't necessarily the most cleanest. But it was cute. For example the trash in the corner could use some taking out— the tiny bin was overflowing with papers torn up and crushed, and wrappers. I noticed a nature valley granola bar the green kind. With some left over crumbs on the desk.

It wasn't enough to put me off but since I'm very clean and organized it was somewhat off putting at the slightest level especially paired with the dirty clothes strewn across the floor starting from the side of her bed from the bathroom leading to a door. This was a classy twenty something girl's apartment.

I glanced at the clock it read 10:17. Oh my gosh I must have really slept in after all. I quickly rose out of bed and slipped to the ground when I didn't see a book I tripped on and fell back only to catch myself on her night stand but a candle fell off with a loud crash. Luckily not on my head.

I heard footsteps and jumped back onto the bed deeply embarrassed. I could feel my cheeks turn red. As in an instant she was in the room.

"Are you okay?!" She looks at me wide eyed in shock. "What happened?"

I nodded. Shocked that she looked so nice. She was wearing sophisticated clothes. A light button down and dark jeans. With white socks. Hair was up in a loose bun with pieces framing her face perfectly.

I started to shake for a few seconds. And she came over to put a light hand on my arm. Her eyes flickered to the knocked over candle to the bent book which had shot under the bed.

I managed to gather my composure and whispered "I'm sorry I'm just clumsy."