Acrimonious Heart - 3

"Who is this?" I blatantly answered after receiving a hello from someone anonymous. Hinihinaan ko lang ang boses ko to keep everything private kasi kung baka ano na naman tong tawag na 'to.

"Firstly, Ma'am. I would like to apologize if the interview you had last Monday was informal, but it was told by the authority to have you come here for another interview on Wednesday. Mr. Valentine also stated that he would like to be the one to interview you, so please be prepared. Have a good day!" a soothing and calming voice occured bago mamatay ang telepono. Lumabas pa ako ng restaurant, pwede naman palang kahit sa restroom na lang.

Finally, I now can lay my hands on them after that interview.

Pagkalingon ko, I was surprised by the presence of Aza—smirking thoroughly na parang narinig niyang may mali sa tawag.

"Job? Sa mga Parriño?" she asked, widening my eyes.

"It's none of your business—"

"Well, it is my business!" she grabbed my arm when I was about to enter the restaurant, making me form a frown on my face as I face her.

"Just so you know, Cass. Mom hates people na nangingielam sa Parriño. And it seems to me— it seems to me na you have no conscience sa pagkamatay ng mga magulang mo, na ultimong sila ang dahilan—binibigyan mo ng benepisyo."

"Ano ba! I told you na it's none of your business! Pakielam mo ba? So what if the Parriño killed my parents? May magagawa ba ako? Can I do something to return their lives? E, kulang pa nga ang kamatayan nila sa buong buhay na... na iniwan nila ako sa puder ng walang kuwentang kapatid ni Mama. So don't you fucking dare to interrupt my own acts. Dahil paaalahanan lang kita." binitawan ko ang kapit niya sa akin by aggressively swaying my arm at saka lumapit sa mukha niya.

"I never look at you and your Mom as contributors of our ancestor relations. Hindi ko kayo kamag-anak. You disgust me. The two of you disgust me so much." I blatantly added before entering the restaurant. Bumungad sa akin si Tita Ash with her frowning face—asking me kung tungkol saan ang tawag at kami na lang ang hinihintay sa table bago kumain. Aza also followed inside with her sarcastic smile welcoming Tita Ash. After all the commotions, pumunta na kami sa respective seats namin. I could even take a glance kung paano sumusulyap-sulyap sa akin si Aza while biting her own food, she was like observing me and scrutinizing me beyond the line. Sabi na. Ayaw ko sa mga Valentine. Ayaw ko sa kanila. I hate their guts, everything about them!

It was just nadikit ako kina Agatha and Hiro when I was a teen kaya napalapit ako sa kanila—but only their Mom is the problem.

"Aalis ako sa miyerkules, 'Ta—"

"Do what you want to do. I don't care, anyways."

"Fine. The interviewer would be the boss, baka yung patriarch ng Parriño—then after I get to meet him and pass the interview, I'll start—"

I was about to finish my sentence as to begin my mission once I get there, pero sinampal na lang ako bigla ni Tita... unreasonably.

"Ano 'to?" gigil na saad niya habang tinatambad sa mukha ko ang screen ng phone niya na ang bungad ay yung post ni Aza with my name defamed on the caption which highly contains the audio recording below. Tita immediately played the audio nang mapansin niyang nakatunganga lang ako... and it was all about how I backlashed my own parents. Wow, naka-record pala siya kanina.