"Like my presence ever held you back," Shadow said sarcastically.

"True, but now I don't have to apologise for it," They both laughed. "Well I will see you soon again, right?"

"Yeah for sure." They shared a friendly hug, "Thank you so much for your help."

"Of course, you know I will always be there."

"If I ever can do anything in return," Shadow said as he sat down on his bike and pulled on his helmet.

"Don't forget those tickets for a start," Sonic said with a grin.

"Will do." And with that he started his bike and drove off.

_______

After a long drive Shadow finally reached the right area, which was away from the city. He looked around as he drove, to only spot big houses, surrounded by enormous gardens and fences. Eventually he stopped in front of a big fence which had the letter 'S' welded into it, in an elegant font.

"Wow," He breathed as he could see the manor in the distance, it was pretty hard to see as their were multiple bushes close to the fence. Probably to take most of it out of sight for the paparazzi. He looked at the panel next to the gate and pushed a button to rang.

"Yes?" A voice answered rather quick.

Shadow pulled off his helmet to show his face to the camera, "I'm Shadow, the new bodyguard," He said and pulled his badge from his inner pocket to show it.

"You're late."

"Yeah I know, I'm sorry. But it was all kind of short notice," He apologised to the stern voice.

"Don't make a habit out of it," The voice warned him, but pushed the button to let him enter.

Shadow gulped, "Yes, of course sir," He promised and pulled on his helmet again to drive further to the front of the house and parked his bike. After removing his helmet he looked up to the big fountain in front of the house, "Seems a bit much," He silently spoke to himself, as in the middle of the fountain stood a big gold-plated statue of the teen star.

Now that he finally arrived, he could feel he was feeling kind of nervous, even though he wasn't a big fan like others, but it sure made him feel something for being close to such a big star who so many people looked up to. How people screamed his name and blared his songs out loud. But Shadow did not actually feel anything for this kind of music, maybe it was a good thing, so he could keep his mind straight and focus on the job.

He took his suitcase from the back of his vehicle and walked the stair up to the front door, which already opened before he could knock. He took a deep breath and stepped inside.

He arrive in the big entrance hall with black and white checkered marbled floor, a long red carpet was spread on the floor, leading the way up the two stairs on both sides of the hall and to the room at his left and right. A big shining chandelier hang from the ceiling, it spread a flickering light in all kind of colours as the different coloured crystals soft tinkled and moved.

Shadow was breath taken by the view but suddenly frowned as his eyes rested on an enormous pink metallic coloured balloon dog, that stood between the stairs.

"So you must be Shadow?"

Shadow perked up and turned around to see a man enter the hall. At the sight he immediately noticed this would be Starlight Silver's father. He had the same quills but were brushed backwards which made him look more formal, his fur was a slightly darker grey. Behind his glasses green eyes looked him up and down, as if a butcher was examining his meat.