5.how to make a friend

As David entered his apartment room he dumped the bag of books he got onto the table. He proceeded to lay down on the couch letting out a long sigh as he stared up at the ceiling. As he did he began to think about the strange encounter with the robed man at the book store. He had not met anypne so nice and welcoming besides his mother in Night City. Though David believed it was an act but compared to what he has to deal with at his school he ain't complaining about it.

As he layed there the ambience of the apartment block was lerking in, he could hear the horns of cars outside. Along with the junkies that lie outside the halls as the muffled coughs and moans crawled their way inside. David began mulling over the strange mans words. Normally he'd chalk it up to the choom blowing steam up his ass in a attenpt to get him to buy more books. But David did not expect him to give him the Arasaka lesson for free but it was also the lesson he needed for the week.

'Ain't I lucky'

A sour taste was left in his mouth at the thought of returning to the academy. He was not to keen on the idea since he thought he was wasting his time with it. On the bright side he did not have to worry about talking to doc about getting a bootleg version. So that was a plus since the price for them tended to cost an arm and a leg. So getting his hands on this type of soft was a lucky break.

It was even free which was the cheery to top of all the events that happened the past hour and a half. He is very thankful for the strange librarian. Now that he thought about it the man seemed to be very kind, too kind. Which left david uneasy because the majority of people in night city tend to be assholes by nature.

Turning onto his side looking at the bag of books. Teaching over to grab one of the books out of the plastic bag, opening it to the first page of the dusty red book. Reading it's strange yet informative title 'A beginners guide to becoming a wizard vol.1 a thesis on arcane sigils' it was the first volume of the series apparently. Flipping through the book to the first chapter where he could tell this was going to be a fucking cluster fuck to understand. But not wanting to be quiet a few pages in he stealed himself and powered on through the rest of the first chapter.

Where he had to put it down to let out a long yawn and gaze out the window. Where the lights of night city greeted him, like glittering stars of the night sky. Shining into the dark apartment room where the light of a lamp allowed him to read. The dull glow of the vending machine in the room lit up the other side of the room.

After he finished looking around he went back to reading and to say he was confused was a understatement. Since what the author was saying in this book seemed to be utter nonsense. At first he was talking about magic and how it permeates from all around before he began to talk about components and eyes. Talking about arcane eyes and theorems on how a magic circle should work. Showing complicated equations and symbols he could not understand that twisted his mind the more he read.

Putting the book down david rubbed his eyes as he feel himself slowly drifting into a dreamless sleep. Welcoming the darkness as he laid on the couch. Letting sleep take him into a deep slumber.

●●●●

"Ok if you want to know about the strip club incident I have to start when me and ainz met"

Said kirk while sitting on a metal crate as the bodyguard and one or two of the hanzos worked on draggingthe bodies away. He was motioning for more to come around so they could hear the story. Some of the off duty hanzos gathered around while the ones wrapping up the dead bodies continued on.

"Come on , gather around, gather around, oh Fred are you going to come in and listen?"

Kirk said pointing to a particular honzo who stood near a small pile of fire arms with a clipboard. In an unamused tone the honzo responded to Kirk's question as dryly as possible.