3. the shop

The day was hot as any other day in night city. Momonga stood on the sidewalk outside his store staring at the group of thugs. He made his way back into his shop as the group followed did not pay much attention to the road. Once inside momonga took note of the men before him.

They wore military fatigues and had a certain air about them that screamed military. The men had weapons on them from what momonga could see. They were not exactly trying to hide it since they seemed well armed and ready to shoot at any sudden movements. They embodied the word 'american' since the armor and gear had the red white and blue motif like the flag. 'I should do my best not to anger them ' thought momonga as he methodically went behind the counter.

'I don't want them to shoot up the store and cause a commotion. It cost me a lot of money to remodel it the way I like it.
' he carefully thought to himself ' so it would be in my best intrest to try and talk things out if possible' his mind working over time.

'I don't want to become the target of a gang, it would draw too much attention to me and the store' he pondered as the men stood at the counter looking him down. Some even whispered amoung themselves making comments of either his height or his robe and mask. So not wanting to keep them waiting he began the conversation.

"So what brings you fine gentlemen to my humble store today"

Even with their ruff and tumble exteriors momonga can still tell how they operate. His experience as a salary man allowed him to partially read people's reactions. By no means did he master it but he can atleast say he can have a somwhat decent understanding of someone.

"Well for starter's you have one hell of a throwing arm son"

The leader as he gazed around the large interior of the shop.

"Why thank you I use to play baseball when I was younger"

Momonga lied as he cautiously gestured for his shadow demon to stand down underneath the counter.

"No shit ? Goes to show that you learn new things everyday"

Came the gruff country drawl of what momonga assumed was the leader of the small group. The man wore an army officer uniform that had a few bages desplayed on his chest. He had visble cuberware on his face indicating that he may be observing him with advanced visual augments in order see under momonga's mask.

"Regardless my name is Franklin and me and my associates came here today to ask if you would like to buy some insurance "

Momonga winced at the mans blunt approach to this extortion. 'Wow atleast try to hide what your trying to do' momonga thought. As Franklin continued on with his offer.

"It would be a shame if somthing were to happen to this little shop of yours"

A green glow to come over momonga bringing him back to a calm state. ' let's not do anything rash' momonga thought to himself 'I should atleast know how much they are planning on getting out of me'.

"How much would this so called insurance going cost if you don't mind me asking"

The smile he had on seemed to grow wider as he began his explanation. All the while the thugs he brought kept their gaze trained on him as they're boss continued to talk.

" normally when me and my associates normally so this we normally ask for 50% of your weekly income"

Franklin paused for moment as he brought his head to look around the shop. Scanning the place for potential traps or turrets once saw none he looked qt momonga once more.

" But since I'm feeling generous I'm willing to only take 25 %  for a week of protection"

He said as one of the goons snickering as the offer was presented. Who was then swiftly silenced by a hand slapping across his bald head. While one of the men seemed to be preparing to engage at any moment at the slight provication.  The situation seemingly getting out of hand as far as momonga could tell. As the thugs seemed giddy about what momonga's response will be. Thinking upon it for a few minutes Momonga came to a decision.