Exposure

NOTE: HEY GUYS I KNOW ITS BEEN LIKE A YEAR SINCE I UPDATED BUT IM ABOUT TO AGAIN SO ENOY!

To say he was worried was an understatement. Mayor Shelbourne knew it would have to happen at some point. It was unavoidable. There mayor Shelbourne stood in front of a large mirror looking at his beastly self. Mayor Shelbourne was half werewolf. He had this ability for a long long time. Every now and then during a full moon he would transform into a werewolf. It was unavoidable. It had been this way for a very long time.

It was out of his control, but how? How could he reveal himself like this to his infant son? It would terrify him! Mayor Shelbourne looked in the mirror at his reflection, of course the first time he transformed he terrified himself. He remembered looking in the mirror long ago when he transformed for the very first time, his heart skipping a beat due to how frightening he looked.

Although he was use to it now, but how would his infant son take it? He didn't know. Luckily this only happened at night during a full moon. It took everything in him to not give in to his werewolf like instincts. It took everything in him not to howl at the sky, not to growl when he heard noises coming from outside, not to appear too scary. Even his growls sounded frightening. There was no way this would not scare Gil.

There his son Gil lay in the cradle next to his own large master bed. He hated it. He hated his instincts telling him to watch over his child while he was like this. However wolves are naturally very protective of their cubs. Mayor Shelbourne felt an intense instinct to protect his son. He hated it. It annoyed him to no end, but how could he do that on nights like these? It would frighten Gil. Although, what other choice did he have?

He really did not want Gil screaming and crying all night. No, anything but that. He hated the crying and screaming. He quietly walked back over to his son's cradle. There his little baby boy sleeping peacefully in the cradle. Did he dare look down at him? With how frightening he looked as a werewolf?? Mayor Shelbourne let out a deep breath, trying not to growl by mistake in the process.

Mayor Shelbourne was always covered in fur as a werewolf, as well as having black dilated eyes, large pointy ears that pointed up or down depending on his mood, he had long black claws that could tear up prey in seconds, he had long sharp fangs. When he transformed into a werewolf, he could take someone down faster than you could even imagine.

Not to mention his entire body would nearly double in size during nights like these. He was aware just how scary looking he really was whenever he transformed. Although it was out of his control. He knew his child would have to see his werewolf appearance at some point for the first time. It was unavoidable. Mayor Shelbourne slowly leaned over his son's cradle, there was his little sleeping boy.

Mayor Shelbourne looked down at his son, he saw Gil's soft ginger fur, his sweet little face, his soft breathing. He looked so pure and innocent and tiny, and fragile. How could someone who turned into such a frightening looking creature have a son who looked like such a sweet looking tiny fragile little boy? Gil then made some small squeal sounds, that was a sign of him waking up. At that moment Mayor Shelbourne began to panic.

How would his baby react to seeing his big scary wolf man creature of a father looming over his cradle?? Mayor Shelbourne stepped back a bit so his boy couldn't see him. Gil opened his icy blue eyes. He made small squeal noises, wanting his father. He didn't know where is father was! The only thing baby Gil knew, was to cry out for his father. He began to whimper slightly. Oh no.. Mayor Shelbourne thought to himself. He didn't want his son crying for him all night long!

Not to mention his senses were EXTREMELY sensitive as a werewolf. He could see and hear 10 times better than when he was in his human form. He could hear his baby begin to cry. Oh that's just great. It didn't matter whether he decided to expose himself to his baby, or continue to hide from his sight. He would cry either way. He was screwed no matter what he did. His son was only use to seeing him in human form. He sighed as he approached his cradle again.

Maybe he could simply touch his son to comfort him, maybe he didn't have to show his face. Although he wasn't sure if his big claw, with long, sharp, black nails would scare him. Gil looked so tiny and fragile, and Mayor Shelbourne's instincts were to protect and comfort his only child. He never would have even begun to imagine that his werewolf side would actually trigger his fatherly instincts. More so than as a human. Mayor Shelbourne didn't like it when his son was needy. It was annoying, although he was only a baby. He slowly exposed his big sharp claw above Gil's cradle for him to see. Gil, still crying out for his father, saw the claw.

Mayor Shelbourne slowly lowered his big claw down to his son, and slowly and gently placed it on his son's cheek. Gil wasn't sure how to feel about this. Mayor Shelbourne made slow strokes to his son's cheek to try and comfort him, to reassure him his father was right there. It was whether or not Gil would recognize him as his father is what worried Shelbourne. Mayor Shelbourne stroked his son's head very slowly as he had to be extremely careful not to accidentally cut his son's flesh with his sharp claws. Gil then grabbed his father's big claw playfully and tried to put it in his mouth.

Mayor Shelbourne then decided to reveal himself to his boy. Mayor Shelbourne leaned over his baby's cradle and exposed his beastly appearance. Gil, looking up at his big scary wolf man father, tried to make sense of this. Well, he wasn't crying so that was a good sign. Mayor Shelbourne tried to take it a step further. He decided to cradle his son in his arms like he usually does.

Mayor Shelbourne reached into the cradle and scooped up his tiny little baby. He held him in his arms close to his chest and looked down at him, hoping he would recognize him as his father. Gil looked at his father with big blue eyes. What if he thinks I'm a stranger? Mayor Shelbourne thought to himself. Then Gil began to whimper a bit, he looked scared and confused. Oh dear. Said mayor Shelbourne. Shhhh, hush Gil, he said in a calm deep tone. He rocked his baby back and forth.

Gil recognized that voice. It was his father's voice. Mayor Shelbourne sat down in his chair in his bedroom and cradled his son protectively in his arms. He cradled his son to his chest. He spoke softly to him. It's alright my son, it's daddy. Hush now, your father is here. He said in a deep calm tone. Gil began to recognize his father's voice. It was his father after all! He recognized his father's scent too. It soothed his boy. Mayor Shelbourne knew that eventually Gil would have to learn about his father's werewolf situation. It might as well start at infancy, it would be less frightening that way. Gil fell asleep in his big wolf man father's arms, he felt safe and comforted as his big strong papa wolf held him protectively. Even if mayor Shelbourne was always annoyed at his sons neediness, he held him tight as he did every night.