Play time!

Ever since baby Gil has learned to crawl, he has had plenty of escape attempts to get out of his cradle. Gil was just barely able to crawl, but he could slowly and surely crawl slightly when he was on his tummy. Mayor Shelbourne knew he was still far from walking, however he has seen his son's progress non the less. Gil was getting close to sitting up on his own as well. 

Mayor Shelbourne was in werewolf form that night, as there was a full moon shining in the nighttime sky. Before bedtime, he really wanted to work on Gil's progress. He wanted to get his son walking as soon as possible. Mayor Shelbourne watched his infant son, attempting to crawl while on his belly. Mayor Shelbourne couldn't wait for the day that his son would be able to fend for himself, and start learning to serve him.

There they were in mayor Shelbourne's large master bedroom on a big rug for Gil to practice! Mayor Shelbourne sat in werewolf form, on the rug waiting for his son to crawl to him. Once Gil finally reached him, he began to craw around him. Gil! Where are you going? Asked Mayor Shelbourne. Gil however, was much more fascinated by his father's thumping tail going up and down. Gil then tried to grab it with his hands.

Before mayor Shelbourne noticed Gil yanked on his father's tail as hard as he could. YOOOUUUUCH!!! Mayor Shelbourne cried out. Not only did that startle him, but it made his body jump a bit in surprise. Gil! No! No pulling on daddy's tail! Gil only giggled in response. Mayor Shelbourne held his tail in his claws rubbing off the discomfort. Gil would have to learn that the tail was not a toy, and was in no way meant to be pulled. His tail was off limits. Mayor Shelbourne picked up his son in his claws and held him to the level of his face.

Gil no, now, we must work on your crawling. Gil reached out for his father's wolf like face, grabbing at his nose. OH! Mayor Shelbourne yelped. His nose was also sensitive in wolf form. Next Gil decided to pull on his ear. Owww! Gil no! Gil then attempted to crawl on his father's face! Gil no! Gil was having a great time! Mayor Shelbourne however, then decided to set Gil down in the floor again. Now Gil let's try again. Mayor Shelbourne got up and sat a few feet away from his son, encouraging him to crawl to him.

Gil crawled to him laughing the whole time. Mayor Shelbourne made sure to stay where Gil could see him, or else Gil would cry out for him because he was afraid. He noticed Gil really didn't like being without him. He must be rid of his son's neediness as early as possible! Gil finally reached his father again, but Gil tried to crawl around him again to grab at his thumping tail. Mayor Shelbourne's tail often thumped against things while in werewolf form. Oh no you don't! Mayor Shelbourne got up and sat in front of his son before he could reach his tail.

Maybe he could use this to encourage him to crawl more! Mayor Shelbourne decided to try it out. Mayor Shelbourne sat a few feet away from Gil, his back towards him so he could see the tail. Mayor Shelbourne wagged and thumped his tail a bit against the ground, making Gil want to play with it! Gil crawled his way over to the tail. Gil giggled and laughed non stop. Each time Gil reached the tail, Mayor Shelbourne would quickly move to a new spot on the rug for Gil to crawl towards, his back facing Gil so he could see the thumping tail.

It made Gil laugh nonstop. He really loved his father's tail. He especially loved it when it thumped! Mayor Shelbourne then got into a playful position, he was laying on his front legs but standing on his back legs, his tail in the air wagging in front of Gil. Gil laughed some more. Mayor Shelbourne pounced around him, making Gil laugh, but also encouraging him to want to crawl more! Gil wanted to be able to move around that quickly too. It made him crawl faster.

At least he won't remember me acting this foolish, Mayor Shelbourne muttered to himself. It was almost bedtime now and mayor Shelbourne and Gil were both tired after that. Mayor Shelbourne had already eaten and give Gil his bottle. Gil was wiped out after all that play time! They went to bed after that. Although he was looking forward to the days his son wouldn't have to be carried around everywhere anymore, and learn to serve his father with the upmost respect, there was still plenty of time before that.