He hummed, holding his hands together behind his back.

"I saw you at the changing of hands. You're not the type of person that someone would forget." A light laugh sounded from his throat.

He seemed nervous, and I wondered if he struggled with social situations.

"Ahh, because I'm human?"

"Yes.. well, no. Both, actually."

I raised a brow, confused.

"I'm not sure what that means." I stated, chuckling to myself.

"You aren't like the women on Zandara, you're different."

He was very good at stating the obvious, but I felt like he was indirectly being rude.

"Do I not live up to the standards of a zaviour women?" I questioned him.

If he wanted to tell me how underwhelming I was, enough to be remembered, then he could at least say it to my face.

I folded my arms over my chest, trying to appear unfazed by his arrogance.

"Oh, shit. I didn't mean it in a bad way. I meant that you were stunningly beautiful, mesmerising even. You stand apart from the women on this planet, in a good way."

He rubbed the back of his neck, clearing his throat as his cheeks turned a slight shade of pink.

"Uh.. Thank you, I guess? But I'm not sure that your soulmate would appreciate you saying that to another woman." I lowered my voice.

"I don't have one." He frowned. "She rejected me and refused to acknowledge who I was."

I stood speechless, unsure of what to say when a slight tingle fluttered around my lower back.

Kai had joined us, and when I looked up at him, he was glaring at the unnamed guy infront of us.

My eyes flickered between them both as they held each others gaze, unsure of what this was.

"Commander Kai." The guy backed down, extending his arm out to shake his hand.

Kai gave him a nod and then turned his attention to me. "Daisy, my brother would like a word if you wouldn't mind?"

"Uh, no. I don't mind."

I was more than happy to get out of the awkward situation that I had found myself in, nodding at the guy with a half smile before walking away.

"Daisy." Kintel smiled, just as Florna joined him.

"Hey, guys. Kai said you wanted a word, is everything ok?"

Kintel smiled widely. "Everything is perfect. I just wanted to thank you."

"Thank me?"

"Yes. If it wasn't for you, Florna and I would have been destined for a life of misery, away from our families and away from Zandara."

"I'm not sure that I'm the one you should be thanking. Kai and your mother are the ones who managed to get the case dropped."

"Kai wouldn't have dropped anything if it wasn't for you. I don't know what you said to make him change his mind, but it worked."

"I honestly didn't do or say anything. He surprised me just as much as he surprised you. I guess he just missed his brother." I chortled.

"Well, whatever it was, he seems to think that you are the reason."

I turned around to look at Kai, flashing him a warm smile.

He was stood talking to his mother when Klaus chirrped up to make an announcement.