𝟬𝟬𝟰 him, coriolanus snow

ACHILLES' HEEL            4━━ him, coriolanus snow

ACHILLES' HEEL 4
━━ him, coriolanus snow

Juno Gaul would often catch herself mulling over the same thought over and over when her head would be so empty and filled with white noise. She'd fall into a rabbit hole about things that had never answered her questions completely, like her parents. That's where her mind currently voyaged, down the depths of the same rabbit hole of what happened to them, and what would her life be like if they were by her side.

She'd give up everything she could to reunite with them in another world.

Even if it were against Volumnia's wishes.

Juno would trap herself in a bubble, and barely anyone could snap her from the ongoing trance of questions that cycled by. Not even the loud cars around Corso or the voices booming through the streets.

The only atypical thing that stole her attention was the Capitol News, whose cameras surrounded the monkey house at the zoo while the place began to crowd. Their slogan If you didn't see it here, it didn't happen was instantly painted across Juno's mind, and so she pulled her feet to the scene.

Her jaw slowly dropped after catching a glimpse of his hair and his dirty uniform inside the cage. She pushed through the people watching and shamelessly approached them, not minding the ongoing interview. Her gaze met his and a frown appeared on her face. She noticed few children standing by her, holding a conversation with none other than Lucy Gray Baird.

She could barely believe her eyes. Her hands grazed the bars separating them, each being four inches apart, enough to slide her hand through. Her fingers unconsciously clenched the bars as she watched everything unfold before her.

He must've noticed her trouble coming up with words, but even he struggled to muster an explanation.

There was no need for a word exchange between the two to understand their feelings at the minute. The way his eyes softened at the sight of her arrival spoke loud enough for Juno.

He was inside a cage, at the public zoo, for Panem to see, and she would've been too if she hadn't rejected his idea.

Both their lips sealed back their words just in time for the news reporter, Lepidus Malmsey, to barge into their swapped stares.

"Oh!" He jumped as he caught Juno. "You sure caught us by surprise." He joked, ordering for the cameras to be fixed so she could be recorded as well. Juno looked down at him, the concerned look on her face slightly fading. "If it isn't any other than the head Gamemaker's granddaughter! You're looking for your tribute?" He pressured.