𝟬𝟬𝟯 pampered poodle

ACHILLES' HEEL            3━━  pampered poodle

━━  pampered poodle

The following days after the reaping felt heavier on Juno Gaul's shoulders. Things had taken a twist for the worst, and suddenly her every move was being studied by none other than her grandmother. She wondered if the new objective was spying on her due to the mentoring assignment, so she would keep amends with Snow and not mess up what had been planned especially for her. However, this time her mutted eyes would not hold a drop of sympathy for the girl.

Perhaps it was a mood of hers.

Even though Volumnia's eyes had always been stuck on Juno's back, it felt out of place this time. Every step she took, every sip, every breath. She had always been watched by her pressuring and cruel stare, and she always had something to tell her, be it vile or slightly good.

Her penetrating stare and absence of a murderous smile churned her stomach.

Volumnia avoided her at the Academy after the ceremony, when she would usually invite her over with a hippity, hoppity! and pull her to the laboratory to check out her mutts while they sipped on some coffee and chatted about recent events. She'd even pull her aside and fix her hair and uniform between lessons, but now she could barely glance her way for whatever reason Juno was clearly not aware of.

It drained Juno's energy to see her be so awful with her. But it seemed everyone had been on the same gloomy and impolite page that day because only Sejanus Plinth managed to smile at her after entering the library and every single lesson.

Everyone was in a mood today.

Juno forced herself to ignore Volumnia's nonsense and ridiculous behavior and stick to her daily schedule. Her day went by rather quickly. She attended all her lessons and studied for around an hour at the library with Sejanus, though she found Snow's absence unusual. She hadn't seen him around much, and she thought that since they'd be mentoring together, they'd be spending more time with each other.

Even he was in a mood.

She even considered visiting her grandmother at the lab to ask questions regarding the assignment since no further instructions were given after the ceremony or at Satyria's meeting, and since she had a special task, she felt the need to do so.

Of course, she didn't bring herself to do that. She wasn't stupid.

It would've only provoked her attitude more.

"Hey," Sejanus tapped her shoulder, "Are you alright?" He asked as he scanned her zoned-out face. "You've been staring at nothing for at least six minutes or so." He said, frowning at her anxious state.

"Yeah, I'm fine," She cleared her throat, "Just thinking." She said shortly.

"About the assignment?" He lowered his voice a bit as he looked around the room. He knew people were at the edge of their seats after hearing about her princess treatment regarding the assignment. Some believed it was because of her high grades, but few knew the actual truth.