Shang Tsun x Fem!Outw!Reader - Damsel in distress (Angst/Fluff)

(Picture: https://youtu.be/Tcg7LOveqL4?si=EfftABTrCQPhaszp, 11.12.2023)

(Mortal Kombat 1 based)
~~~~
Requested by: @reesescup10 , I hope it turned out to your liking! I didn't write any Angst in a veeeery long time, so I hope it turned out fine at least. Enjoy! ☺️

Author's note: HAPPY NEW YEAR!! I hope this year will be good, successful and lucky for all of us! 🎆🎊 Stay safe and focused!
~~~~

I was a simple witch, earning my living by performing street shows all over Outworld, even catching the eye of the imperial palace as they invited me to amuse them sometime in the near future. But was I really that simple?

I was honoured, and also happy to know that the best way to spread word of my name was to spread joy and amazement with my magic, which consisted of manipulating several elements and deceiving the eye of the viewer. But of course, you never show your true potential to others, so I do not use all of my assets during my shows.

Fire magic and making objects disappear and reappear was the favourite part of the crowds, so I tried to be innovative and come up with several things. For example, create small fire bulbs that disappeared and reappeared, fusing them together to a huge fire, creating rings of fire, using myself as a stuntman to impress them.

Travelling a lot meant not being able to keep up with family and friends. It's been months since I saw any of them, making this job lonely sometimes. But even with them, I felt lonely sometimes - I was the only witch, well, at least the only witch I knew off. I had to keep my abilities a secret.

Still, the more popular I became and the more money I earned, the further and further I traveled to reach more people in the great Outworld. And eventually, I would reach my home town again.

During my last show, I noticed a young, good looking man who was amused by my show in a different way than the rest of the crowd. It wasn't pure astonishment for my innovations, but it was more, something behind his eyes and expression, knowledge on how I might have used my magic. He had slightly longer hair, around the height of the collarbone put in a half up hairstyle, and sharp dark eyes with a mischievous smile.

Speaking of him, it also was the first time someone disturbed my show - unknowingly to the crowd - by messing with some of my requisites using magic. It didn't bother me, in fact, I liked the challenge and improvised, making it one of my most favourite and best shows personally. And due to his first time appearance and my suspicion of him being one of the few mages in our realm, I would bet it was him.

I was grocery shopping to make myself a meal before my departure to the next city, the capital, where Queen Sindel was residing and whose court was waiting on me. I was humming to myself when approaching my lodge I stayed at, hearing wood break and some overall sounds of clutter.

I hid behind a conveniently big tree to check where the sound came from, seeing that it was my carriage that was being destroyed by bandits.

"Hey! What do you think you're doing?!"
I yelled as I left my groceries behind the tree, jumping out to confront them.
"There she is! Take her!"
The men stopped destroying my carriage, approaching me all at once. Their faces were hidden, and all of them were of similar build.

I unbuttoned my cloak before throwing it on the floor, focusing on each one of them, trying to think of ways they would attack me together. Of course, from all sides.

I never participated in combat with my magic. Although I knew I was capable of much more than I was showing, I wasn't even training to upkeep my knowledge - a disadvantage as I had to find out now.

They threw smoke bombs on the floor, completely neutralising my sight. Even though they didn't attack or hit me yet, I already prepared to get hit, but being ready to hit right back as soon as their position was exposed to me.