Mileena x Fem!Earthr!Reader - Earthrealm's contender (Fluff)

(Picture: Screenshot from 'Mortal Kombat 1 (2023)' by 'NetherRealm Studios' ; own source)

(Mortal Kombat 1 based)
~~~~
Requested by @i_likestrawberrymilk - Hope you enjoy it! I'm sorry it took so long 🥲
~~~~

During the Mortal Kombat tournament, Queen Sindel held a fete and a several course dinner for all the participants to unwind a bit before the final fights.

It was looking good for Earthrealm in the tournament, with Raiden, our champion, winning all fights consistently.

It was weird, knowing that all of us will fight, but it was really nice to get to know the people from Outworld and the beauty of Outworld.

Raiden and Liu Kang were talking with each other while I was spacing out, moving my spoon around my plate.

Princess Mileena was sitting across from us, enjoying herself with the people sitting around her. The tables were rather huge, so you couldn't necessarily find out what everyone was talking about, especially with festivities going on in the background.

She was good looking, so was her sister. But Mileena, I mean Princess Mileena, had a special fierceness to her. Her eyes pierced through you, just as her two combat knives, her eyebrows were sharp, just as her expression. Her hair was strictly put into a ponytail, the undercuts on both sides easing her of the weight her thick, black hair had.

Her dark hair, fierce expression and smooth looking skin fit her wardrobe - a dark pink, reddish and black uniform. The uniform was tight in her body, hugging her features nicely and exposing her collarbones, yet it wasn't too provocative.

I started staring at Mileena, first unbeknownst to her before she turned and caught me looking at her. She looked back at me, leading me to smile before I realised what happened.

I moved back with my upper body, straightening my posture while looking somewhere else with widened eyes. I looked over at the two men next to me, noticing they just stopped talking to take a sip of their drinks.

"By the way, nice job, Raiden. People over here already see you as the champion."
"Oh, (Y/N), you shouldn't say that. The last fight is, well, still a fight to take before victory, right?"
"I have no doubt you will make it."
Liu Kang patted Raiden's shoulder before we noticed Princess Mileena slightly cringing in pain.

"The Princess.. it seems like she's feeling unwell."
Raiden remarked while I frowned my eyebrows.
"Yeah, that's not good."

Tanya, a sworn Umgadi and, I think, somewhat Mileenas best friend and not only bodyguard, quickly walked up to her to inquire.
"Princess, are you unwell?"
"I am fine, Tanya."
Mileena answered, a little bit deranged but looking at Tanya with a faint smile before looking back at her plate, grimacing due to her feeling unwell.

"I know I'm to fight Mileena, but will I also face Tanya?"
Raiden asked as he turned my attention back to him and Liu Kang.
"By tradition, you should not. It you did, you would be tested."
Liu Kang answered sincerely, leading me to nod in astonishment.

"Why?"
Raiden and I asked simultaneously, leading Liu Kang to answer as we listened.
"Umgadi, like Tanya, are warrior priestesses, selected from the first born daughters of Outworld. From infancy, they are trained to defend the royal family."
"Outworld must see much conflict, if the Empress needs such protection."

"The past has been difficult. Though the last thousand years of Empress Sindel's reign have been a true golden age, the memories of that strife still linger."
"Looking at some of those so called loyal followers Empress Sindel has, I would also take the safe route. I can't imagine how it felt losing her husband, she wouldn't risk losing one of her daughters as well."
I inquired, leading Liu Kang to nod.