Chapter 48

Frost Spirit walked through the empty lounge, on his way to his and Ducky's shared quarters. He pushed past the black leather couch, picking up his pace as he heard some Towers coming down the hall. Tensions among them have lowered ever since their Commander and young boy had returned but that did not mean they were friendly. Sinister insisted for them to not lower their guard, even though things have mostly settled, they are still Titans and they clearly do not belong here nor will they ever be welcomed... Certain Towers made sure to keep that very clear. 
Thankfully however, most of them were out in the yard for training.

Upon finally reaching a quieter hallway, his thoughts returned to his prior target.

Ducky...He had been acting weird lately.
Disappearing out of nowehere, locking himself up inside their room, refusing to come visit uncle Fallen in the infirmary or even to eat lunch in the cafeteria..
He loved watching people cook and the lunch ladies along with the on-duty soldiers even allowed him in the kitchen from time to time.

Why would he isolate himself suddenly? Everyone is safe now...No more missing family members or meetings ending up in near fistfights...Back then he used to seek Molten out almost daily to hangout with him. Him of all people! -who barely used to lift his eyes from his little console at family gatherings to make small talk. Who, back in the day, thought of Molten as a coward he used to tease nonstop. And now, spent more time with him than ever and did so happily.

Did-Did any of the Towers scare him off? No...that couldn't be it. He was never alone long enough for that to happen.. Uncle Sinister was always by his side whenever he did so much as leave the room. It was part of their rules after all, no messing with the Towers without at least being in a pair. Heh, if it was uncle Fallen it would be no messing with Towers period.

Frost learned that by heart. He too had a few unpleasent encounters with Towers growing up. And he did not feel like repeating them any time soon... So, if Towers weren't the cause then what? 

Did Ducky get into an argument with someone? He always tended to stay in his room and brood until the other person came to apologise ever since he was small. And even when it was his own fault. Molten, it couldn't be since he too was asking him about Ducky this morning and he looked too worried to be angry...not that he got angry easily. Uncle Sinister no, Krampus not even close and Fallen he hadn't seen in over two days.. That would leave...Grave.

Maybe..but then again, Ducky seemed to straight up avoid him for a while now therefore it was unlikely they even talked in the first place. And sure, in the past he used to ignore his cousin and the other never bothered him further but even Grave himself noticed that there was something unusual. Ducky never had trouble telling someone if he didn't like them.. Only he knew how much he heard "You suck'' from the high pitched voice of his adopted little brother whenever he couldn't pass a level for him in a game.

He never backed away from a petty confruntation. So why now? Why with Grave? Did he fear him for whatever reason? He made it pretty clear he found him odd...But-

With another step, Frost reached the white door of their temporary bedroom.
He clicked open the handle, peaking inside to see Ducky tucked into the corner of his bed with a tablet lighting up his face and his headphones on, blasting something into his ears. He remembered the birthday he had recieved that gift from Sinister. It was their first time spending the spring over at Gunslinger's inn. Maybe they should visit after Fallen feels better too, he looked rather shaken this morning... Apparently from a nightmare in the words of his father.