Aftermath Of The Aftermath

Luka's p.o.v ........

"Luka?", Juleka called before slightly opening the door to my room and peeping in.

"Yeah?", I answered.

"Oh, nothing. I just ....... wanted to talk", She said, fully opening the door and walking into my room.

She sat on my bed.

"About?", I inquired.

She sighed.

"We haven't really spoken to each other since this whole ........ Chen situation started ........... How're you holding up ?", She asked.

How was I holding up ? ......... I guess my anger had subsided and now I was just worried ............ and a bit curious.

I know Chen told me to let it go but ........ I just can't.

"I've been better", I said.

Juleka looked at me intently for a while and then suddenly embraced me.

"I'm not really good at this ........ emotional support thing but I just want you to know that I love you and I'm here for you ........... I'll always be here", Juleka reassured me.

I smiled and hugged her back.

"Thanks, Jules ......... and I love you too", I said.

Juleka stayed with me in my room for a long time and we just talked and sang and laughed ........... It was really nice.

Chloe's p.o.v .........

I was trying to watch TV but I couldn't.

My mind kept drifting back to Zoe.

I didn't wanna think about that right now ....... I wasn't ready ......... or was I just scared ?

Someone knocked on my door.

"Chloe ?", It was my dad's voice.

I was kinda relieved that he was back from work.

I quickly ran to open the door.

"Hey, Dad. Welcome home", I said.

"Thank you, dear"

I smiled.

My dad cleared his throat.

"Armand tells me that you've finally met Zoe", He said.

My smile dropped.

This was the topic I was so desperately trying to avoid ......... but let's just get this over with.

"Um, yeah ........ Dad ? ....... Do you know how old Zoe is ?", I asked.

The look in my dad's eyes told me that he knew exactly where I was going with that question.

I moved aside so that he could walk in and he did.

I shut the door.

"I do", He answered.

It took me a while before I spoke.

"Is that what caused problems between you and mom ?"

"Yes ......... I didn't want a divorce because you were still so young but as you got older ........ It became almost unbearable to live with your mom. That's why she left"

"I'm surprised that I've never asked but ....... are you and mom ........ officially divorced ?"

"That's why she came back to Paris .......... so everything could be done once and for all"