telling him that you were in a bad relationship (requested)

Start from the beginning

He sat back down beside you and gazed at you with his eyebrows furrowed and his eyes full of concern.

"It was only an accident. It's alright." He softly said as he brushed his hand across your back.

"You're not mad at me?" You asked.

"Why would I be mad at you? It happens. I've made a mess before too. I can easily clean it up. It's no big deal, baby."

It wasn't just his words that helped you relax but also the soft look in his eyes and the way he tried to comfort you.

It was so different than the reaction your ex had whenever you'd drop or spill something.

You'll never forget his touch; it's so different than Jungkook's, the complete opposite, truly.

You'd feel a tight grip on your wrist, one full of anger and hatred.

The look in your ex's eyes was also very different from Jungkook's.

Jungkook is looking at you in worry but you can also see the softness in his eyes, the look of care, and the need to comfort you.

Your ex would stare at you with eyes full of rage and madness.

He was evil and scary and you don't think you'll ever get that out of your mind, no matter how hard you try.

"Y/N?" Jungkook said before he gently placed his hand on your cheek.

A shaky breath left your lips but you didn't flinch because you knew he was there to comfort you, not harm you.

"Why are you so scared? I've never seen you like this. I'm not mad at you, I promise."

"I know." You replied. "I know you aren't and that means a lot to me."

He continued to caress your cheek as you began to open up to him.

"You're so different than my ex, so gentle and sweet. The reaction I had was because of my last relationship. Before I met you, I was in an abusive relationship for a couple of years."

Jungkook's heart dropped upon hearing that.

"He was so mean to me. I could never do anything right. I'm kinda clumsy, as you can tell, and he hated that. He hated me. He would call me names, make fun of me for a bunch of different things, and tell me how worthless and disgusting I was. He hurt me every chance he got and he loved to take everything out on me physically too."

He closed his eyes and let out a sad sigh.

He felt sad over the pain and hurt he knows you had to deal with before being with him and that was devastating for him.

Because you're so beautiful and so kind and in his eyes, you deserve the entire world and all the good things to ever exist; nothing less.

Knowing someone had brought you so much pain and trauma was crushing for him and he began to feel angry at your ex, wishing he could put him through the same things he put you through.

"I know you're not him but sometimes I still get scared. It's going to stay with me for a long time."

"That's understandable. You went through a lot. It won't be easy to just forget about." He spoke as he gently took both of your hands into his. "But I promise you, I will never be him. I will never hurt you. Not physically, mentally, or emotionally. The only times I'll ever put my hands on you is out of love and care, not to hurt you; not ever."

You smiled a little as you stared into his soft brown eyes.

"I'm so sorry that you went through all of that. If I ever run into him, I'll make him regret everything he did to you."

You chuckled lightly before kissing his hands.

"You mean a lot to me, Y/N. I know we haven't been together for that long, just a couple of months, but I'm falling for you. I'm crazy about you. I swear that you're always safe with me. I'll always be here for you. I'll keep you safe, I'll protect you, I'll remind you every day about how beautiful and worthy you are. I'll give you all of the love and happiness that you deserve. I promise I won't ever leave you or treat you the way he did. You're safe with me."

You threw your arms around him and gave him the biggest hug that you possibly could.

He smiled as he wrapped his arms around you and gently brushed his fingers across your back.

"Thank you for opening up to me and telling me everything. I care about you so much and I won't ever let anyone hurt you."

"Thank you." You said as you slowly pulled away from the hug.

He put his forehead against yours as he intertwined your fingers together.

"I'm so crazy about you." He confessed.

"I'm so crazy about you too and I'm not scared of that like I thought I might be when I met someone else. I'm falling for you and I know I'm safe to do so." You said, making his heart swell.

"You are. I promise." He whispered before kissing your lips softly, promising that he'd take great care of you; always.