10: Mission

~Gemma's POV: ~

Nick drove to a quiet area of the city. It felt weird being back here, the streets were quiet as if the city lost its light and everyone would close their shutters. Only a few people would walk around, I wanted to ask Nick what was happening, but he seemed just as worried about it as I did.
Grabbing his gun from the glove compartment of the car, he looked at me making sure it was loaded. "Use it only if we need it, the less attention we have on us the more it will be easier. Blend in, don't act too suspicious. Act as if you and I are dating, hold my hand, do what you need but keep that appearance up and no one will look our way got it?" he asked handing the weapon over to me.

"Got it, I can do this."

"Tuck the gun away" nodding I tucked the gun away like how Nicholas showed me, the only way someone would see it is if they were to pat me down or my sweater rising enough to show the weapon.

Satisfied, he led us out of the car he had parked in a hidden spot. Coming around, he opened the door for me as I slid out of the passenger seat and wrapping my hand in his own. He had soft hands, and they were warm which I appreciated since it was still cold out. "Stay close to me, keep the glasses on" he mumbled as he gripped my hand tighter in his leading us from the alleyway. He used his free hand to slide on sunglasses of his own as we made our way past people who were walking around.

We weren't near The Grey; we were closer to my old apartment which had my heart in a rapid rate as I looked around trying to make sure I noticed no one who worked for my father. "Who are we meeting?" I asked looking around as little as I could to not raise suspicion.

Nick smiled as if I had told him a joke, anyone passing by would think we were a couple out on a walk. "His name is Patterson; we call him Pat—he is someone you will know when you see them" he said leading us down a busier area. Feeling me tense beside him, Nick leaned in a bit "believe it or not princess the safest place to do these contact missions sometimes are the busiest of places—everyone is in such a rush that no one pays attention to those around them" he said nodding his head in a direction where a man sat at a table, "there he is."

Looking in the direction he was leading us in, Patterson wore a leather jacket and hoodie underneath, sunglasses masked his face but didn't conceal what looked like a scar slashed down the left side of his face over his eye and in his brow—he had dark hair that reminded me of Folio's with how it was slicked back—sensing us, he sat back in his seat as he glanced at me. "I didn't think you'd have your girl today" he was acting as if he was a third wheel now.

"She wanted to come out today, who am I to deny that?" Nick said casually taking a seat with me taking the one beside him, his arm slinging itself across my shoulders as he leaned back in his seat. "Been a while since I've seen you, where is the other half?" he glanced around.

Pat took off his sunglasses, my breath hitched as his eyes narrowed on me, they were brown as his tanned skin made the scar look more prominent, he wasn't hard to look at even if he did look like he would eat me alive. "Other things came up today, so he sent me. . . You are risking a lot here" he said lighting a smoke before puffing it in my direction.

Folio didn't even seem phased, as if he was used to attitudes from most of these men. "So, what is the news? Anything exciting happen?" he asked.

"Yeah, her father has been keeping quiet, he cancelled appearances and people say he had come down with a bug, but we all know that is a load of shit, he is trying to make sure the public don't see that his kid is working against him."

"Has there been any news on me?" I asked softly leaning more into Nick to make it look like we were together.

Pat shook his head, "no not a single peep."

"Hmm, you'd think something would break out considering I stole one of his bikes and took the person he wanted most" this time my voice didn't waver or feel flat as I said it. "Why would this city be so quiet then?"

"He's planning something, I told this to the others, but something doesn't feel right like something is going to happen."

As he said that the eerie feeling creeped in as my eyes began to wander. Turning my head to look behind me when I heard a chuckle, the skin on my neck rose at the sound. "Nick. . . We need to go" I said softly as I looked around.

"What? We just got here" his brows pinched together in confusion.

Pat sensing my distress looked around as well, tossing his cigarette on the ground to stomp out with his foot. "Shit" he said looking in another direction.

Both Nick and my gaze followed, Nick cursing as he slowly rose to his feet. "Act normal Gemma, keep close and do not look around" my heart felt like it was going to explode with how fast it was going.

"What is it?" I asked softly gripping his hand in mine once more, this time holding on tighter then before afraid if I let go I would get lost or slip away from him.

Pat joined me on my other side as we all started for the exit of the area. "Ben's group, they call themselves Ravens, annoying fuckers if I say so myself" he said sliding his hands into his pockets.

We were walking, acting as normal as we could. The two people they had saw, they did follow us as if they could see through our white lies. Nick held my hand tighter, as if sharing the same feeling I had. We were getting close to the door when one stepped in front of us, causing us to halt as their smile bloomed wide. "Well, well, who do we have here?" he mocked looking between myself and Nick.

"Fuck off" Nick muttered getting ready to push us past.

"Don't want to cause a scene now do we? Daddy is looking for you" their eyes went to me as they smiled once more. "He's been keeping it on the low, using the best group out there to try and find you—he told us if we bring her back then the Omens group were free to hide out the rest of their miserable lives" he guy looked at Nick, "what do you say about that, isn't that what you guys craved? All you need to do is hand her over and all is done."

"She is with me" he snapped bringing me closer to him, Pat stepping closer to us both as if ready to strike if needed.

"Shame, I suppose we need to send a message then. . . Tell me, how is that bunker doing?" this time I felt Nick tense from beside me trying not to give any reaction. Another smile on the persons face, "I am sure we will be seeing you real soon—maybe when we burn it, either way" he leaned into Nick and I, their hateful eyes glancing at me, "she will be coming with us."

Nick tugged us through the door, earning a laugh from the Raven as we walked faster to the car. "You guys go, keep in touch but I will let them know what the fuck just happened" called Pat as he went to his car.

Folio only nodded as he rushed us to our own, once inside he wasted no time as he sped off making me grow anxious. "What is it? Were they bluffing?" It had to be a lie, there was no way they knew where we were.

"I don't know, but I am not taking the chances—your mom spent so long keeping that bunker safe and they are after you. You are a pawn in this game, your dad sees it as a key and you are like your mother so what she did with us you are repeating enough for him to want to keep you locked up." He pressed further down on the gas, the car speeding up as I gripped the seat I sat in.

The drive that took us nearly an hour didn't take us as long. As soon as Nick parked the car, he swung his door open as I followed him helplessly as we raced down the ladder hearing laughter from the rec room—everyone stood there and as soon as they saw Nick, Noah stood in high alert. "What is it?"

"They found us."