9: Night terror.

Authors Note: I am sorry for lack of updates. This month has been super busy for me, I hope everyone is having a happy safe holiday season.
TRIGGER WARNING: Chapter contains mention of abuse and night terrors.

~Gemma's POV: ~

His hands roamed over my skin; the touch of his hands had me fighting against the rope that tied me to the chair he placed me on. "Such a pretty thing" his voice hummed in approval as he slashed his blade down cutting the shirt I wore, exposing my bra. "Shame Noah isn't awake to see this, you are a tempting creature if I do say so myself" his eyes lingered on my chest watching as it would rise and fall, sweat coating my skin from the pain he was putting me through, "what do you have to say, princess?" Ben asked leaning down in front of me, mocking me on how freely he could move as I sat here tied taking on the abuse they wanted to inflict on Noah.

Raising my chin, I could taste the blood on my lips—it was almost tempting enough to spit it in his face, but it would just earn me more pain. "Go fuck yourself" my own voice felt dry, my lips were cracked from not having enough water despite us getting three meals a day, I would ignore it as much as I could until Noah would snap at me telling me I needed the energy.

It was an effort to not look over at Noah who was passed out from the drugs they stuck him with. Every time they did, my heart would stop for a little until I watched him wake up and we would repeat the process. If it was Noah in this chair they would have killed him by now, my father doesn't care about Noah, but he won't let me die because it will sour his image.
Ben clicked his tongue, distaste evident on his expression as he straightened, not long before his hand connected with my cheek earning a groan as it stung but I repeated my mantra over and over because it was the only way I could try to get both Noah and me out of this alive. His hand gripped the back of my head, pulling my hair harshly as my feet left the ground showing me he could easily drop me back and inflict more pain. "Why would I want to do that when you're perfect body could be ruined by me in so many ways" he leaned into my ear, his breath lingering, "daddy never said I couldn't have that kind of fun, and I am sure I can toss him some money for him to arrange something for us. We still have a lot of time together, you and I."
I couldn't stop the beating of my heart—not when the door to the room swung open and in came Nicholas, his head hung low as his hands remained behind his back. I wanted to be sick, why was he here? When did they catch him? "Good, we can have a viewer while we do this" my eyes zeroed in as Ben began working his belt buckle.

"No!"

"Open your eyes, Gemma" I looked at Nicholas who stood there his eyes not even phased at the sight of Ben taking off his belt. Confusion written on my face I went to open my eyes, not able to stop the tears that spilled down my cheeks—when did this all go wrong?
"Open your eyes." What was he talking about? A sob worked its way up my throat, tears burning my vision as I began turning to Ben who was laughing. "Nyx—"

"—wake up." Eyes shooting open as the sob escaped past my lips I blinked a few times feeling hands on my shoulders, thrashing away I could feel the sweat coating my skin. "Hey, hey it's okay. . . It's okay, shh" Nicholas's voice said soothingly as he flicked on the small lamp beside the bed we shared.

Chest rising and falling I looked around the room seeing I wasn't in the room with the glass boxes, nor the chair that sat above a drain where they'd wash mine and Noah's blood down. Tears still pooled in my vision, even gliding down my cheeks but for the most part my heart would begin to calm seeing that I wasn't near Ben or that room anymore. "Wh-what time is it?" I asked, desperate to try and avoid any questions Nick may have for me.

He looked at the clock on the bedside. "It's about five in the morning, Gemma—what was the dream about?" his blue eyes shone with worry as he shifted on the bed. I hadn't even realized he was shirtless, his hair hung around his shoulders as sweats rested on his waist.

"Nothing. . . It was nothing" but it wasn't nothing, it was something that haunted me. Ben never touched me like that when I was there, but he would imply he would one day, maybe he would have while killing me—something I was thankful I wouldn't ever know.

"You should talk to someone about it, bottling it up like this will do you more harm then you realize" he came and sat beside me resting against the pillows. "I used to have nightmares too, and sure I still get them every now and then but I spoke to someone about them and once I got it off my chest I noticed I had more control over them, I began noticing details about them that made me seeing they were just dreams and I was in control" he looked over at me, he seemed tense as if he wanted to brush the hair away from my face.

Chewing my lip, exhaustion still weighed heavily on me as I rested back on the bed, Nicholas following not long after but not daring to turn the light off. "It's nothing, let's get some more sleep before training" he didn't say anything, instead he placed his hand close to mind as if a small gesture to show me he was there for me if I needed him.
He was asleep within minutes, where I tossed and turned but ultimately couldn't fall back asleep.
Shifting out of the bed, making sure to not wake Nicholas from his slumber once more as I already had with my nightmare, I smiled softly seeing how peaceful he looked—he never looked so calm when he was awake it made my heart happy seeing him at least relaxed in his sleep.

Stepping into the kitchen of the compound, no one was awake besides myself. Getting a glass of water, I took a seat at the table looking around seeing gifts left over from Nicholas's birthday, and notes written and scattered on the counter. "You're up early" looking Noah entered the kitchen, he began making coffee for himself.

"Sleep isn't really my friend" If I could talk to anyone about it, it was Noah. He only remembered bits and pieces of what happened, but it was something both of us went through together at the end of the day. "Do you get nightmares, about what happened?" I asked running my finger along the edge of the glass.

Noah raised a brow as he came and took a seat waiting for his coffee to be made. "I had one or two, nightmares don't plague me as much—are you having nightmares about it?" he didn't judge me, his tone wasn't as soft as what Nicholas would use and part of me liked that.

It felt silly, I felt like a child speaking to their parent about monsters. "Sometimes. . . Mainly of what happened, like reliving it and sometimes Nicholas would be there, or it would be you in the chair" it felt wrong admitting this nightmare to him. "Nicholas said I should talk to someone."

"You should" he said stepping up getting himself coffee before returning. "What you went through Gemma isn't easy, anyone else would have broken the first day they felt pain where you held onto it, bottled it, so I agree with Nicholas, talking to someone might help" he sipped his hot coffee, cursing as it burned his tongue.

Licking my lips, I sat myself back in the chair. "What if I'm not ready?" because I didn't feel ready, if I told them what I went through, what I felt and how I feel hopeless it scared me to think that if I didn't feel this way then I wouldn't feel anything at all, that I would be a hollow shell, a void of nothingness. What if Ben had taken everything I held onto in that room and once I went beyond the walls of my box I made to protect myself there would be nothing, that I was nothing.

Noah smiled softly trying to show me something at least. "That is okay too, but you do need to talk to someone. If you don't want to talk to one of us let me know, I can get you a good friend of mine, he is the one I went to when I needed an ear and what ever you say to him or one of us will not be repeated to anyone else, that I promise."

Knowing that made me feel a little bit better.
When everyone was awake, they joined us. Nicholas sitting beside me as he ate his cereal speaking to Folio who was going to be going back towards the city to meet up with his contact. "Can I go with you?" I asked looking at Folio.

"Hell no" Nicholas said looking over at me.

"I am not five, let me help" if I spent one more day here I might lose my mind as well. "I need something to do, I've been training, and I can use a weapon. . . Let me come with you." It felt stupid nearly begging Folio.

His eyes looked at Noah who smirked reading his report Jolly had given him. "She is a grown woman, let her go if that is what she wants." Noah said looking between us all.

Smiling I looked at Folio who nodded. "Get dressed, we leave in a few minutes" he gestured.
Wasting no time, I rushed to my room sliding myself into leggings and a sweater. Placing a beanie on my head I slid on Nick's sunglasses as well as a jacket from his room before making my way towards the entrance. "She is going to be fine Nicholas, I won't let anything happen to her" Folio said crossing his arms.

"That isn't what I am worried about, she isn't ready for this."

"I think I am" he turned, pleading look in his eyes. "And you aren't coming to babysit me so don't even think about it" he huffed crossing his own arms.

"Gemma, with. . . With these night terrors, your mind might not be all there" he said softly.

Feeling my emotions, it was hurt I felt most as well as anger. "My mind if just fine, we are ending this topic." Gesturing for Folio to open the door, he began to do that.

"Gemma. . ." Nicholas started before I cut him off.

"End of discussion, Nicholas." He closed his mouth as he watched me exit with Folio. We had climbed into Folio's car that was concealed by the trees enough so no one could see unless they were close to the base.

The start of the drive was quiet before he spoke. "You sure you want to do this?" he asked looking over at me.

No, but I needed to feel useful. I didn't want to feel like I was stuck again. "Ready as I ever will be" he didn't say anything instead focused more on the road.
My nerves would fight me, but I was doing this mission even if it is my only one.