-'๑'-𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎-'๑'-

Gojo's POV:

I strolled into the Teacher Gathering fashionably late, well past 2 PM. The usual "it's too early" card wasn't going to cut it this time. I stifled my snicker; I could already sense the bubbling tension, especially from that grumpy grandpa from Kyoto High.

Bounding down the final hallway, I could practically taste the palpable pressure wafting from the bright room. Without hesitation, I slid open the shoji door, greeting the glaring assembly with a wide grin and a casual wave.  "Apologies for the interruption! Please, do carry on," I chimed in, well aware that before my arrival, the room was as quiet as a crypt.

Then came the bellow, "Show some respect, you know! We've been twiddling thumbs for half an hour 'cause of you!" I didn't need to guess where the venomous remark came from as I beamed at the dark-haired woman,  her scowl reaching epic proportions. I mentally sighed. It was going to be a long day.

"My apologies for disrupting your busy schedule, Utahime," I teased, a mischievous grin setting her ablaze, just as anticipated.

Her deep hatred for me was no secret to anyone. She always insisted on challenging me, despite getting bit back every single time. She seemed to thrive on spite, or maybe she was just too stubborn to stop. Regardless, it was welcomed every now and then. It was so easy to get a reaction out of her, a delightful way to pass time.

"Now that Gojo Satoru graces us with his presence, let's delve into student arrangements," the old Yoshinobu finally spoke up.

Behind my blindfold, my eyes rolled skyward.  Why did these meetings even exist? It was the same thing every year—rules, rules and more rules. I phased out the growing chatter, letting my gaze wander across the room.

Yue was standing cross armed, flanked by Nanami and an unfamiliar face, probably a newbie from Kyoto. Her long, dark brown hair was unbound save for a few braided strands, cascading elegantly down to her waist. It was her eyes, though, that truly made people steal glances.

They glimmered like polished jade under the sun's fleeting rays, framed by long, dark lashes. They held a captivating depth that seemed to simmer with life, despite the serious expression on her face as she stared down the old Principal. It was painfully obvious that she had no interest in his boring words, her mind seemingly a million miles away. As always.

A faint smirk tugged at my lips. A part of me itched to crack open her mind, unravel all those fleeting thoughts she seemed so lost in, expose the secrets she hid so masterfully. But I couldn't, despite my Six Eyes. They allowed me to see through people like buffed glass—their emotions, aura, cursed energy. Yet she was part of the few people I could not breach. Truly breach. It was frustrating, but also so, so very interesting. An infuriatingly captivating enigma.

Ever since our paths crossed, she'd been an unsolvable riddle. An irresistible book, promising a intricate tale locked away from prying eyes. The only hitch was the anti-me spell on that damned book. Each attempt to peek inside was met with full force, sharp words, and defiance. Her disdain for me only made it more irresistible to push her boundaries. She'd always been so reactive to me.

She held me responsible for the tragedy of our old friend, Rei Kamo, and the others that died that blasted night. It's as if all the pain, confusion, anger—she projected it all on me. Like I was the sole source of misery in her life.

Rei was her closest friend. Two peas in a pod. And humans had always posed such fragile, fiery hearts. Never once did she talk to me about that night. About what happened, about Rei, about how I felt. Not that it would've mattered. It wouldn't have changed anything in the end. It was her choice to despise me for it, and I respected that. Just as she chose to alter our training days, when she came at me all fussy and revolted.