The Mission

It's been a week since Gray and Natsu broke up. They have been together over 2 years. Natsu still loved Gray with all of his heart, but it was broken and empty.

And deep down Gray still loved Natsu, but doesn't forgive him for what he did. People in the guild haven't been acting the same. They miss them being together.

Half of the guild believe that Natsu cheated but the other half knows what really happened.

"Natsu why can't you just go to him and tell him what really happened?" Asked Lucy.

Natsu had his head down. He as been getting worst ever since they split it up. He even gotten skinner and paler. He hasn't gotten any sleep nor any food. "Lucy I can't, he hates me."

"Besides, I guess he never really loved me since he already found someone else" Natsu said sadly. Yup that's right, Gray was now with Juvia.

Natsu looked to his left to see Gray having his arm wrapped around Juvia. That gave Natsu such great pain, he rather be starving for a month then to see that.

"Okay I'm going on a mission and I need three people, Lucy, Natsu, and Gray you coming with me!" Erza announce.

The mission was to stop a monster that was attacking a town near Magnolia.
The three got up and started on there journey. Gray staying far away from Natsu. The girls noticed, Lucy went with Natsu while Erza went with Gray.

~night~

"Okay we will be resting here for the night" Said Erza. They got there place set up and Erza had night watch. Gray was still awake along with Lucy.

Lucy was petting Natsu's hair. The girls sighed at the site. They were glad that he was finally getting some sleep. Gray snorted at the site. Erza got up and dragged him away from the fire to have a little talk.

"What the hell is wrong with you? You are the reason why he is like this, so at least let him sleep for once" Erza said in a angry tone.

"What are you talking about he's the one who cheated on me! He's not the only one in pain you know. He's nothing but a trait-"Gray didn't even finish because Erza slapped him across the face.

"Don't ever say that about Natsu. You don't even know what you're talking about Gray, he loves you. Didn't he explained himself to you or did you not even give him the chance too" Erza said.

Gray was hiding his eyes under his bangs. He shook his head to the side. Erza gritted her teeth.

"I don't need to know that he cheated on me. It's pretty obvious that he did"

"You bastard, you don't even know."

Gray stood there confused.

"What?"

"He was going to ask your hand in marriage,he was going to ask you to marry him, Gray."

Gray's eyes widened. "No you're lying to me"

"I'm not"

Gray's heart stop, what has he done.
"No you're lying if so why was Sting there?"

"Sting was there because he's the one who found the ring for you. It was a beautiful ring, Gray. It was made just for you. It had your name carved into it and everything. It also had your element."

"How do you know all this?" Gray started to shake.

"Because Natsu told me and Lucy himself. He was going to explain it himself to you, but you already moved on. And Gray...that broke him"

Gray backed up till he hit a tree and slid down and put his head to his knees. 'oh Natsu' he thought to himself.

"My question is, Gray. Why did you start dating Juvia?" Gray mumbled something and started to sob. "What?"

"Because I slept with her!" Gray was crying by now. Erza's eyes widened. "You what?" Erza spatter.

"After what happened with me and Natsu, I went to my house and Juvia was there. She had a question for me, but I was too sad and angry...I don't know what came over me. Things just happened and now we are together, but I don't even love her. And now you are telling me this!"

Erza looked down at Gray. "Look I know your hurting but you need to go to Natsu and face him at one point. It's your decision on what your going to do, but please...just stop his suffering." and with that Erza went back to the fire.

'What have I done, oh Natsu, I'm so sorry. Please forgive me I love you too' Gray thought to himself. Erza was right, Natsu has been suffering. He looks like he's been through hell,and I did that to him.

After a good two hours, Gray walked back to the camp and everyone was asleep. He looked down at Natsu. Natsu had a tear running down his cheek. His face was covered with tear stains.

Gray walked over to him and whipped it away. Natsu shifted in his sleep, feeling Gray's cold touch. Gray really missed his warmth. Gray laid across from him and fell asleep. Wishing he could change what he has done.