Chapter 33 "Internships Redo"

~weeks ago in kyushu~

"Anyway, There's one more thing I gotta tell you, I'm going to be busy for the next months and Illusionist is too so we can't offer our agency to you and Tokoyami once the internships start." Hawks said, changing the subject.

He then heard Y/n sigh in the other end.

"I see. Anything else?" Y/n asked, which caused Hawks to slightly flinch and remain silent for a few moments. There was something he wanted to tell him. But he remembered he can't afford to get him involved with the LOV again.

A smile tugged on Hawk's lips as he decided to keep this information between him and the HSCP, for now.

"Nothing else, Babye!~" and with that, he hung the call up, flying swiftly through the city. But as he was about to head to his location his phone rang, only to see it was Dabi calling.

Hawks answered the call and placed it to his ear.

"Fine evening we have today. Dabi." Hawks began.

"Hawks... I'm sorry for the other day." Dabi apologized, though it seemed like he wasn't genuine about it. But Hawks wasn't surprised.

"I could say the same. We weren't expecting those things to happen. Had you told me beforehand about that, I could have done it with more subtlety." Hawks explained, his gaze on the city didn't waver.

"You talk too much. It's futile to try sniffing out any traces." Dabi said, refusing to believe Hawk's words.

Hawks chuckled.

"Not at all. That hurts my feelings, you know." Hawks said, diving down to one of the buildings to take a quick step before boosting himself up again, but this simple action attracted the attention of his fans down at the city.

One of his fans would then squel when she realized it was really Hawks, causing Hawks to pause mid-air to acknowledge the girl.

"Omg it's Hawks!"

"Hawks is on the phone with someone!"

A few of his fans yelled while they waved happily at him in hopes he'll notice them.

"Who could it be? Is it his girlfriend?"

"Please, no!"

Hawks laughed at his fans' remarks, and placed a finger on his mouth.

"It's a secret!" Hawks replied before continuing onward to his location.

Once that brief fan interaction was done. Hawks' attention returned back to Dabi who was still waiting on the phone.

"I only hope that you trust me. I get to feel it first-hand because I'm part of the industry. I must say, I wish all the heroes could be gone for good." Hawks said, he knew that Dabi would cut him off at this point, but he also knew one fact. Since Dabi called him Hawks knew that he was starting to see him as a valuable asset. And he bet to himself that Dabi can't wait to use him as his tool.

After that, the call between Hawks and Dabi was silent, but Dabi eventually spoke.

"Next time, it will be your last chance." Dabi said.