Wynter's smile gave Taylor a sense of solace that she hasn't felt since 2003.

The two friends left the shop, fingers intertwined. Wynter insisted on staying behind to not trouble Taylor on having to bring her back to her place. According to the brunette, her driver was on his way to pick her up anyways.

Taylor was really just trying to find an excuse to spend more time with Wynter. They're apparently not on the same page.

Wynter's car arrived a few minutes after Taylor left. She thanked Tom, her driver, when he got out of the driver's and opened the passenger door for her. Clyde then went in the driver's seat of her Porsche with a mischievous smirk.

"Enjoyed your 'friendly' date, Wyn?" Clyden asked teasingly, earning a glare from his boss.

"Oh fuck off, will you?" Wynter scoffed, connecting her phone to the car's bluetooth.

"Carrying her bag? Holding her hand? Taking her to your sanctuary that you haven't even brought your own brother to? With all due respect ma'am, your gay ass should hide in a better closet."

"I will seriously fire you, Clyden Kace Ford. Shut the fuck up."

"You won't." Clyden grinned confidently as his employer rolled her eyes at him.

Wynter randomly clicked on a playlist and Back to December by Taylor started playing. She groaned and skipped the song, glaring at Clyde who was trying his hardest not to laugh while driving. Much to Wynter's annoyance, he couldn't stop himself from laughing any longer when Starting Over Again by Natalie Cole started playing. Wynter wordlessly flipped him off and just played a random song by Chase Atlantic.

________________

"She's just so confusing. One second she's flirting with me and giving me hope, then one second she's talking about her boyfriend and reminds me I'm just a friend again." Wynter huffed as she punched the punch mitts Wade was wearing.

The eldest Lewis was forcefully invited by his sister to spar, which he knew was Wynter's excuse to talk his ear off.

"Well, I mean, you really are just her friend-" Wade winced in pain when Wynter landed a particularly hard punch just as he was speaking.

"Oops, sorry." The CEO mumbled flatly, a barely noticeable pout was present on her face.

"I don't remember you being this strong- were you pulling your punches this entire time?!"

Wynter just shrugged in response to her brother and just continued punching.

"Does she remember it?" Wade suddenly asked after a few minutes of just the sound of the punching glove hitting the punch mitts and Wynter's huffs.

Wynter's punches faltered for a second, before she stopped fully. She bit her lower lip in contemplation, looking down at her feet.

"I don't know. Maybe? I mean, she remembers us dancing to practice for her date. If she remembers that she must remember-"

"Or maybe not. She didn't mention dancing that night, right? I'm assuming she didn't bring up anything about that week, either?" Wade asked, raising a brow at her sister. When Wynter nodded timidly, he sighed and continued, "So you're just trying to convince yourself that she didn't forget about your friendship and that it means as much to her as it means to you."

Wynter hates the fact that her brother is right. She didn't tell him that, of course. Instead she sighed and took off her boxing gloves, before walking out of the ring.

"Whatever, Maverick. M'glad you came." Wynter mumbled as she took two water bottles from a bench. Wade chuckled as he jumped off the ring too, catching the water bottle his sister threw at him.

"Thanks. It'd really kill you to say Thank you or even Please, huh? You always have your own way of saying it."

Wynter rolled her eyes at him, throwing her empty water bottle at his head.

"Oh fuck off." Wade knew there was a hazel colored pair of eyes glaring at the side of his head when he caught the empty bottle. Especially when he heard her sister's famous scoff.

"Hey, you owe me a trip to a firing range. I dealt with your obsession with punching things, you gotta deal with my obsession with shooting things next." Wade said, throwing his sister a towel he brought knowing she always forgets hers.

"Go deal with your father's obsession with hitting balls next." Wynter replied with a snort, catching the towel easily.

"Blegh. Hey, he's your father too. Plus Maximus can handle it, he's your dad's golden child remember." With the two siblings trying to hold in their laughter, they didn't notice the text on both their phones.

"Oh of course, the golden and magical offspring of Frederick the dick and Michelle the bitch." Wynter said in a very sarcastic way, obviously mocking the older couple and their son.

"Yeah, and that's why you should ask Taylor out again tomorrow." Wade suddenly said, changing the conversation so casually Wynter almost didn't notice.

"What gave you the idea that I won't?" Wynter smirked before walking to the showers of the private training room, leaving her brother there baffled. He knew his sister was bold, but not this bold. He considers it stupidity, honestly.

"You're unbelievable." Wade chuckled in disbelief, shaking his head as he made his way to the showers as well.

_________________

note :

heeyyaaaa !! merry christmas to those who celebrate it !!
sorry for the late upload, i was busy with christmas & all that shit. I'm currently on my knees, begging for y'all's forgiveness :(

not proofread, btw. pls enjoyyyy!

— sincerely, ely ! ★