HEALING AREPAS

summary: Y/n is a very passionate ballet dancer; however, she accidentally gets hurt during a dance routine. When Camilo checks up on her, she acts as if everything is fine because his mother is sick and Y/n doesn't want to worry him more than he already is, but Camilo figured it out.

You were holding the cool silver bar with your left hand, your fingertips gripping it tightly, "One, two... three." You muttered as you raised your leg high, almost reaching your head as your right hand gripped your foot. You were passionate about dancing, especially ballet. And even though right now your body felt sore, and your ankle hurt like hell, you continued.

You let your right-hand drop to the bar as well, moving your leg around as part of the warm-up routine. You do the whole thing again on your other side as well. Once the warm-up is done, you bend down and make sure your flats are laced up properly, the pale pink ribbon curling around your ankle. 

You'd been practicing for about an hour now, doing all kinds of jumps and turns, bending your knees, and rising on your toes.

"one, two.. thr-" You made an elegant jump and landed, but quickly collapsed on the ground and winced in pain as you held your aching ankle. You tried moving it around, and it hurt even more. You sighed exasperatedly but sucked it up and stood up to finish your practice. 

just as you were taking a deep breath and focusing, you heard a double knock and then another one that immediately came after. It was Camilo's knock. He opened the door and showed his adorable smirk as his curls bounced. You smiled at him warmly and walked to him, 

"I missed you, Chiquita." He chuckled and teased as he planted a kiss on your cheek, it made you slightly blush. (Chiquita = cutie/ little lady)

"You know it's practice time for me, Milo." You chuckled as you held his hand and gave it a gentle squeeze, you knew he always liked it. 

"I know, but I'm here to tell you that we're having dinner tonight at the casita and you're invited," he said in a cheeky calm voice. "Are you okay? I think I heard you wince before I came in, amor" (amor= love)

you quickly raised your head and shook your hand, denying that. "No, no, was just stretching a little more than I usually do." you lied and gulped, hoping he didn't see through you.

His mother was already sick, and Aunt Julieta's healing wasn't working well on Aunt Pepa. Why would you want to worry him more than he already was? so you kept it to yourself.

"You could've sent a message instead of coming all the way, right?" you said with a tilt of your head, trying to change the subject as you turned to your bag that was sitting in the corner to grab a bottle of water. "Oh shoot, I forgot to fill this up.." you said as you rummaged to see if you had an extra one and sighed, throwing the empty bottle into the bag, feeling irritated and so thirsty.

"I had a feeling you'd forget again, so I got you one." Camilo chuckled and handed you the bottle full of cool water. "Also, what's so bad about coming here and telling you about the dinner myself? I get to see your pretty face, don't I?" he teased once more with an angelic laugh and pinched my red cheek.

"Okay, okay enough Milo!" I chuckled shyly and drank the water. "I'll be there."

"I can't wait," he said with soft eyes and held my pinkie finger.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You were preparing yourself in your room, at the vanity mirror. Picking between different outfits and doing your light make-up. You were excited, but you also had a bit of trouble. You tried to find a solution for your sprained ankle, applying ice and other different ointments but nothing helped. You might secretly ask Mirabel's mother, Julieta, to get you a healing arepa that can fix this.