It was their peace.

Resulting in reassurance for them both.

"Yes, Mom I will have my roommate take a picture for you." Adrienne sighed as she did her mascara, phone pressed against her cheek.

"No Mom I'm not gonna forget about you."
"Yes Mom I promise to hook up with a stranger, hit a line of coke, wash it all down with a bottle of tequila, and I promise to get pregnant as soon as possible only to die from an STD right after. Love you!" Adrienne sighed as she cut off her mother's concern by slamming the phone onto the hook of her bedside phone, a cheeky smile at Lily.

"Ready to take a picture for Mommy?" Lily scoffed, shaking her head as she tied the laces of her black-heeled leather boots.

"Shut it, it's a tradition." Adrienne sighed, rummaging through her small storage bin, finally finding her camera, the only one she owned due to Johnathan getting an upgrade to his, now its use is for her journal.

She tossed the Camera to Lily, who easily caught it and brought her focus to it. Adrienne quickly fixed her hair in the mirror, pouting her lip before smiling to herself. She quickly grabbed her basic cross-body bag, and smiled toward the camera, her eyes quieting shut, with an exaggerated smile.

"That was your last roll of film by the way," Lily announced tossing the camera back to her.

"Don't remind me." Adrienne sighed as she picked up her schedule, hand on the door handle as Lily stood behind her reading her schedule.

"Intro to Journalism, Communications. Taking the easy route aren't we Adri?"

"Shut up." Adrienne scoffed as she exited her room, Lily beside her as they both made their way to campus.

"Billy?" Lily questioned.

"Had his first basketball tryouts, which is stupid to wake up at 5 am just to workout." Adrienne sighed as they eventually made it outside, cobblestone under her feet as she walked with Lily. "Also, you never told me if you slept with Eddie."

"It's on the table, but I don't need my brother to be hanging with the dude I'm sleeping with, he wouldn't allow it."

Right, her brother.

"But it wouldn't be so bad if I had a common friend to help me work my way to it? Give him a little distraction?" Lily smirked, nudging Adrienne with her elbow, making her snap from her trance.

"You have single friends don't you?" Adrienne played off, avoiding her eyes as they continued to walk along their campus.

"I do, BUT, none of them catches Jeremy's interest."

"And I do?"

"Exactly."

"No." She scoffed at her, Lily pouting at her in desperation.

"Worth a try."

➶➴➷➹

She was disregarding her conversation with Lily. Adrienne finally reached her lecture hall after many, many, MANY, wrong turns that also made her late to her first day.

She quietly walked into the first immediate open seat towards the upper corner, sitting next to a random blond boy who had no attention towards the professor.

Quickly she began to unload her focus onto the professor's talk about her expectations from this course. She reached deep into her bag for a pencil. Only to find out she didn't even bring that.

She groaned as she exhaled deeply from her nostrils. Now having to ask a stranger for something so simple to bring.

"Hey, um, this is stupid to ask but do you have an extra pencil?" She whispered to the blond, turning her body to him.

"You're goo—"

Oh hell no.

"Adrienne."

"Jeremy."

He smiled.

HE SMILED.

He smiled at her, his smile lines and dimples visible.

She didn't know what it was, but all her nerves were out in the open, clearly visible to Jeremy. She closed her eyes to shake her head before staring at him once again.

"Sorry, uh. You...? You go to school?" Adrienne nervously asked, unsure how to approach him since the only times they'd ever spoken were in a dark bathroom.

"Ehh, forced too. If my sister went, I had to. Plus since Eddie let me in on writing the lyrics now, learning big boy words helps a lot."

"Aren't you like, famous, do people not recognize you?" Adrienne questioned her brows furrowing as Jeremy's smile grew into a smug grin as his eyes studied her.

"And you did?" He whispered lowly as he kissed his teeth.

Adrienne opened her mouth to give him a classic 'radiant bitch' sarcastic response but her mouth failed to speak, instead, she sighed in defeat, her cheeks turning into a pinkish glow.

No. No. No. No. No.

Whatever stupid crush she had on this random stranger who forcefully came into her life needed to go away.

"I have a boyfriend." She blurted to him, quietly of course only making her sigh in relief, watching his smile drop into an expression of shock and confusion, nodding to avoid any awkwardness.

"I know you do." He confessed, a small laugh in his tone. "He and his friend's fraternity is all everyone talks about."

"Fraternity?" She cut him off with concern in her turn, her hand resting on his wrist to stop his talking. "He's not in a fraternity."

"You weren't there this morning at his initiation?" He asked her unsurely, his eyes concerned at her visibly angry expression. "Shit, I'm sorry I didn't mean-"

"Don't be sorry." She sighed in defeat, "Thank you. But honestly, I'm sorry for not telling you sooner to leave this weird flirting thing out of it." She shook her head in disbelief before he chuckled, rubbing his chin at her.

"It's not gonna stop me from flirting with you at all Princess."

And that's when the bastard got up and left.

➶➴➷➹

A/N: 😈😈 is all I'm sayin