5

| |  ↺
a century-long love
Monday 6:59 p.m.

Clink! 

You lower your glass, followed by Xiao. He smiles at you. 

"You know," you begin. "I never thought I'd be on a second date with the Xiao. What did you tell the others this time?" 

Xiao exhales. "Something about my dad. I can't even remember what it was now." He chuckles softly. 

A dimly-lit restaurant. A subtle ambience. A tender moment. But why does it feel all too familiar? 

"Y/n?"

"What is it?" You reply. 

"Y/n!"

What?

"Y/N!" 

Your eyes shoot wide open, breaking contact with the dream world. Groaning, you sit up and look around. Your father steps back and looks at your messy hair. 

"You've gotten enough beauty sleep. It's time for dinner," he says, walking away. 

You take a moment to stare at the couch you fell asleep on. 

So we're adding real people to the dreams, now? So funny ha-ha. you're soooooo funnnyyyyyyyyy 

As you sigh and follow your father into the kitchen, your mother greets you. 

"Was your first day that tiring?" She asks. Her eyes stay fixed on the plate in front of her. "You passed out the minute you got home." 

"Good..." You reply absentmindedly, taking a seat at the table. 

"That's not really a viable answer, honey."  

Does this mean my crush on Xiao is official? Now that he's showing up in my stupid dreams? 

...Official is a scary word. I can't turn back now. 

Your father waves a hand in front of your face. "Hello? Earth to y/n." He resumes eating. "Tell your mother about what happened at school." 

You regain your senses and look at your mom. She awaits a response. You turn back to your dad. 

"She doesn't know what 4NEMO is," you say. "The...the weight of the situation won't...fall right on her shoulders!" 

"What are you even talking about? Just tell her," he replies, mouth full. 

Sighing, you tell your mother about your day at school. You mention your first meeting with Xiao in the hallways as well as your joining of the music club (although you refrain from telling her your reasons out of pure embarrassment). 

"I see," she says once you've finished. "I take it this band is popular?" 

You nod. "I can't believe they're at my school." 

"Well, make sure not to get too distracted." She smiles and takes a bite of her dinner. 

You look down at your plate, unresponsive. I expected that response...but something about how she said it scares me a little. You glance at your father, who is busy stuffing his mouth. You then glance at your mother, who is also eating, albeit much more elegantly. 

Did she see right through me? I didn't tell her too much about Xiao specifically, but it seems like she's teasing me about something. About someone. 

Damn it. I couldn't keep it a secret for even five minutes. Haha...

╰━ 🇹​​🇭​​🇪​ ​🇳​​🇪​​🇽​​🇹​ ​🇩​​🇦​​🇾 ━⪼