Chapter 6: Comfort

Percy PoV
I was sitting in the praetor's office doing work when Reyna came in looking beat up and exhausted. She had a big bruise on her arm, and another on her face and back. I ran up to her in a panic and wrapped my arms around her. She started sobbing in my arms. I pulled away slightly and asked her what was wrong. She just lightly shook her head and buried her face in my chest.

After a few minutes, she finally calmed down a little. I rubbed her back soothingly, and asked her what was wrong again. She looked up at me, her eyes shining from the tears, and began telling me what happened.

Reyna PoV

I was walking to the praetor's office to meet Percy, and do the normal praetor work. Then this guy came up to me and started flirting. "Hey babe, wanna hang out?" he asked with a seductive grin. "No." I replied bluntly. He put his arm around my waist and tried to reach down and grope my butt. I slung his hand off and started walking away. He then came up and punched me in the stomach. He tried to sling me over his shoulder and carry me away, but I resisted and fought back. Then he started slinging punches everywhere and kicking me. I unsheathed my dagger and stabbed him and ran all the way to the praetor's office.

Percy PoV

Hearing Reyna's story made my heart break. She was such an amazing person, and didn't deserve anything like that. It also made me furious at the person who did this. I wanted to kill him for making her suffer that, but I knew right now I had to be here for Reyna. I cupped my hand lightly on her cheek, and kissed her softly. I pulled away after a few seconds, and lead her over to the couch. I sat down and pulled her on my lap. She buried her head in my chest and began sobbing again. I rubbed her back comfortingly, and whispered soothing sounds in her ear. When she finally stopped again, she looked into my eyes for a few seconds, then she leans up and kisses me. I kiss her back, and after a while she pulls back. "Thank you," she whispers softly, "Nobody had ever been there for me like you have." "Reyna, I will always be there for you. I love you." I said. "I love you too." she responded. Then our lips met in a passionate kiss.