Chapter 1- Thinking of You

Percy PoV
I just can't get over her. Her long, dark, flowing hair. Her obsidian eyes, that looked as if they were piercing through your soul. I was in love with Reyna. I knew I was still with Annabeth, but things just didn't feel the same anymore, and I think she sensed it too. I realized I had to do something. I couldn't stay with Annabeth when I loved Reyna. I decided I would talk to her later, and end the relationship.

Reyna PoV
I just couldn't get over him. Why was he so perfect? His gorgeous sea green eyes, his windswept, messy jet black hair that looked like he had just come from the beach. I was in love with Percy. I knew he was with Annabeth, but it wasn't like I could control my feelings. My feelings grew much stronger when he came to visit in New Rome. It was just us- no Annabeth, no Gaea, no war, and certainly no Leo, firing on the camp. Of course he still hung out with Hazel and Frank, since they were two of his best friends. Overall that week, we spent lots of time together, learned tons of things about the other, and had fun. We also grew much closer. I wonder if he could have feelings for me too.

Percy PoV
I was really nervous. I was about to break up with Annabeth. I hoped she would understand and not be mad. I really wanted us to still be friends. When I found her she was talking to Leo. I had seen them talking a lot recently, and I could tell that they secretly really liked each other. Honestly, I thought they were perfect for each other. He was into mechanics and engineering, and she was into architecture and books. When I approached them, they were laughing about something. "Hey Annabeth, can I talk to you for a minute?" I asked. "Sure." she replied. Leo said he would catch up with her later and went to Bunker 9. We walked somewhere in the middle of the woods. I decided to just come out with it and not sugarcoat it. "So, as you have probably noticed, things just don't feel the same between us anymore. I'm sorry but I'm breaking up with you." I told her. She didn't look surprised, but she also didn't look mad or upset, which I was thankful for. "I completely understand, and I also feel the same way. Things haven't been the same between us lately. Also, you should know that I really like Leo." she said. I wasn't surprised by her words. I had known that she'd liked Leo, and I could tell he liked her too. Since she had confessed her feelings for Leo, I decided to tell her about Reyna. He also wanted to make sure they ended on good terms. "That's great!" I exclaimed, "And since you told me that, I might as well confess that I love Reyna." Once again, she didn't look surprised. It was as if she had already known all this. "That's great!" she exclaimed, "And I can definitely tell she feels the same way, after the way she was looking at you the first time we landed in New Rome." I was so happy she wasn't mad, and also she approved of me and Reyna. What she said about Reyna feeling the same way gave me s feeling of hope and confidence for when I actually told her about my feelings. "So, friends?" I asked. "Friends." she confirmed.