The Green Belt and the Wand

It was Sunday morning, rain was pouring outside with lost candy all over the streets. Thunder shook Marco awake. He opened his eyes to notice Star wasn't there. The side was cold and hard. It felt like she was never there. He got up like a flash of lightning. Her wand wasn't there either. He got up, opened the door, and listened. The only thing he could hear was the stove's fire flaring. He ran downstairs to see if Star was at the kitchen table. When he got downstairs, she wasn't, she was at the stove cooking breakfast.

"Hey Marco! Sleep well?" Star said.

"Y-You can cook?" Marco said astonished.

Star brought Marco a plate of eggs and bacon.

"Eat up!"

Marco looked at the eggs and bacon. He cut out a piece of the egg and took a gulp.

"Star! This is delicious! How did you make these!"

"Well before I left Mewni my chef told me how to cook for myself."

"Well dang he was a pretty good chef!"

"He was a magical chef."

"Oh I get it! You did not cook this! You're wand did!" Marco said sarcastically.

"Okay fine, I just wanted to impress you."

Marco thought for a moment, then got out, grabbed Star's hand, and brought her outside. "Come on, let's take a morning walk."

Star nodded her head, and started to walk in the cold air. Star was cold, since she was wearing her sleeveless dress. So Marco took of his jacket and wrapped it around Star. Marco held her hand as the walked downtown. Star looked at him, and gave a slight smile. To Star Marco was starting to get attractive, no cute, no, gorgeous. Her mother always said he can not love anyone except for a prince, or a Knight. But to her, Marco was both. As they walked toward home, the fog started to go away, and the Earth seemed to get warmer by the second.

When they got home, Marco set the Fire and place Star in front. Marco sat beside Star. They cuddled with each other and then just laid. The fire brought Star's twinkling eyes out. And then they found out that the two were their own OTP. They stood up, and looked into each other's eyes.

"Well I'm gonna go," said Star.

"Wait! I wanna do something!" Marco yelled.

Star got closer to him than any best friend would. Marco locked his brown eyes on her blue eyes, and he pulled her hips closer and closer. Than put his hand on her precious heart shaped cheeks. Before Star could ask what he was doing, their lips quietly touched. Her soft and smooth touching his. Star, in shock, fluttered her eyes closed. It was her first kiss. She never even experienced a kiss other than her parents. For Marco, he kissed one of his other foreign exchange student. Once they let go of each other, Star had her mouth wide open.

"MARCO!" Star yelled. She jumped and hugged him and they landed on the greenish yellow couch. "Marco that was my first kiss!" She yelled with tears of Joy in her eyes.

"Have you kissed Tom? I thought you did."

"No! We was in a relationship for a month. Until I said no, he got so mad."

"Okay Star. We just kissed. I like you you like me."

"Wait, what about Jackie?"

"She can wait. Right now I have my heart set on you."

Star smiled, then remembered something that her mom said. The smile faded. Then she walked away.

"Marco i'm sorry."

"Sorry for what? Do you want us to be together?"

"No, it's just my mother."

"Oh come on! You're mother is not here! You can do anything you can imagine! This is a free world!"

"No! My mom said that I can not love any Earthling! She wants me to marry someone from Mewni!"

"Well? We don't have to marry! We can just stay in a normal boyfriend girlfriend stage."

"Marco, on Mewni, the one you have your first kiss with, is the one you will marry. If my mom finds out she will send me to Saint Olga's Reform School for Wayword Princesses. Then I will never see you, or Earth again!"

"Okay, okay, but I guess we can keep a secret!"

"I guess so, but swear that you will never tell anyone."

"I swear."

They both paused for a moment, Star put her head in her hands. Marco putting his hands on her shoulders, trying to tell her it will be alright, but Star, having so much stress, went upstairs quietly. Marco decided to get a gift for her.

Marco got his Debt Card and ran to the closest market. Step after step he window shopped, looking for something that would mean a lot too her. Then after fifteen minutes, he found something amazing. Something that Star would never forget. In the window was a thirty-five dollar diamond butterfly necklace, that was just her size. Marco, with his eyes locked at the diamond. Opened the door to the lonely jewelry shop.

"Good morning sir," said the shop clerk, "Can I help you with anything?"

"Yes, I would like that diamond butterfly necklace in the window," replied Marco.

"Ah the necklace," replied the clerk as he walked toward the necklace. He took it off, "That would be thirty dollars."

Marco took out his card and slid it. He punched in his password and signed the receipt. Marco took the receipt as the clerk said, "Thank You! Come again!"

Marco opened the door and stepped outside as he sniffed the calm, cool air. He didn't want to worry Star so he ran as fast as he could.

Once he got home he hid the tiny black box behind him as he walked up the stairs. Star was up in her bed. Looking up at the ceiling. Marco, looking in the star hole in the door, opened it.

"Star, I got you something."

"Let me guess, it's a promise ring," she said as she stood up.

Marco walked toward Star and held out the closed box. He chuckled, "Open it!"

Star, looking unimpressed opened the box. Once she saw it, her eyes lit up, and she gasped.

"Marco, I-It's, perfect. It's precious," she said as tears of happiness ran down her cheeks, "I will keep it forever."

"What about your Mom?"

"Oh we can worry about her later! Right now, let's go have some fun."