𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍, Clean Slate

( real life )

( real life )
...

"I AIN'T mean to scare you," Isis said apologetically as Maeby leaned down to pick up her phone. They had both gotten the strangest sense of deja vu.

Maeby shook her head, trying to collect her thoughts. What was Ice doing here? How did she get here? Was she here to yell at her? Scream at her? Fight her? Tell her to fuck off?

The possibilities were endless.

"It's okay...it's just how are you here?"

"Your mom called me," Isis revealed. She looked at Maeby, really taking her in. Even in her clearly tired state Maeby was pretty, she had always been pretty been to her.

That's what her mother had been acting all secretive about.

"I talked to her," Isis continued when Maeby didn't respond. "And she said she thinks we should talk." It had taken a lot for Isis to make her mind up about flying out to talk to Maeby. She was used to ghosting and ignoring people all of the time, giving up on any idea of a relationship once things even seemed remotely bad. Being on the receiving end of things had opened her eyes to a lot. Most of the time wondered if Maeby had even really cared when she called herself cutting her off. Kim's call had changed that.

Despite the pit in her stomach, Maeby knew this had to happen. This conversation had to be the key to her getting peace of mind.

     "Let's talk."

...

     AFTER MAEBY HAD finally been able to form a sentence in Isis' presence and offered her something to drink, the two girls sat at the table in her room. Maeby knew it was up to her to start the conversation, she owed that much to Isis and so much more. Even after the way she had treated her, Isis had still flown all the way out here to see her even when she didn't deserve it.