Chapter 1

My mom always told me I can do big things, make big changes. One of these changes happens today. For my whole life, I've lived in Evil Village with my mom, but I always knew I'd move away when I turned 13. I knew I would when I turned 13 last week, but I didn't think it'd be so soon, and now I'm moving to the Regular City to stay with my dad! As I stand in front of the local train, I talked with my friends and loved ones until the train had to leave. "I don't know, Tulip, the Regular's will chew you out." My friend, Lipstick, spoke, her arms crossed. Poppy interjects. "Lips, she'll be fine! T, I bet you're gonna make great friends!"
"Thanks, I really hope so. Maybe I can be on Yellow Face and the Regulars, you know, as a Regular!" As we were talking, my dad walked over to me. "Excited, T?"
"Very much! I've got everything I need. My bedding, pillow, stuffed animals, snacks for the ride, my B.B. poster..."
"You like that tv person a lot, don't you?"
"She's the best dancer on the Yellow Face show!"
A speaker from the train spoke. "Departing in 2 minutes." My dad takes my suitcase from my hands as he walks to my mom, and kisses her cheek. "Take care of our baby, Firey, won't you?"
"I will, E.L., I promise."
My dad enters the train, but just as I was about to get on. "Tulip, wait." I look back to look at my mother, she had something in her hands. "... your bow tie?" She nods. "You can have it, that way, if you're ever feeling down, you can look at it, and think of me, of us." I'd smile as I hugged her. "I love you, mom."
"I love you too, dear. Now go and make us proud." I walk into the train, it was just me and my dad. I look outside to my friends, and wave goodbye. "Departing now, please be seated." As we started moving, my friends all start running after us, waving goodbye. I stood up and ran all the way to the back of the train, waving back at them. "Bye! I'll write you to all!" When their bodies became smaller and smaller, I walked back to my spot, looking out the window, excited for a new adventure.