Disclaimer

So I decided to write this fanfic specifically to give Leo the justice the main series never gave him. 

The first major reason is that, well, did you know in the entire series that he only has two actual wins to his name? The first was in episode 70 of Yugioh 5D's against a ghost, yes a ghost, a character called Haley and that was only because Haley's entire deck doesn't work against Zombie of machine monsters, the latter being Leo's whole thing. (Zombies are what Haley used if you were curious)

The second was against Aporia where he duelled along with Jack and Luna in episodes 141 to 143. While it was great that he got to finally become a signer as planned since the dark signer arc, and his play against Aporia was nice to watch, he did lose initially and it was three-on-one anyway. If it were one-on-one well Leo honestly stood no chance.

Now before anyone asks, his duel against Devack during the dark singer arc episodes 47 to 51 (where he was originally meant to get Life-stream dragon and become the fifth signer) doesn't count cause he was losing and Luna took over after she returned from the duel monster spirit realm, and if you're wondering why Leo did not become a signer then, blame the fanbases love for the at the time popular Blackwing archetype Crow uses. (In fact, while not confirmed, it was heavy theories until today that Crow was meant to become a dark signer.)

My second reason is that Morphtronics, the archetype of cards Leo uses is one of my favourites and screw the fact that it's not meta and might not seem as good. I like it, and it is one of my favourite synchro monsters of all time Power-Tool dragon which is Leo's ace card so yeah)

My final reason is that Leo is my favourite Yu-gi-oh character hands down because that kid reminds me so much of myself and how I view myself)

Now a heads up, there will be Oc's but Leo is still the MC of this fanfic, and I plan to only use cards that already exist in real life in this fanfic also, with real-world card effects, not anime effects.

That's it, hope you will enjoy what is to come. I do not own Yugioh or Yugioh 5d's specifically. Chapter 1 does not have a release date but will come soon. And until then, Ciao!