Prologue

"Damnit" I exclaim running across the roads. Jumping over rubble and vines on the way, I run to the tower about a mile ahead.

'Where are they?' I turn around a corner, taking care not to trip. Looking behind, I see nothing but empty desolate streets behind me. They were behind me a second ago, and I can feel them getting closer.

I run faster, seeing the tower just a few hundred meters away. Above me, I hear the sound of those machines chasing me again.

" A few more metres." I force myself faster. Only a few more meters until I find her again, a few more until we can end this. My finger tingles as I run, making me painfully aware of the missing ring on my hand.

Surprisingly, I find myself outrunning the machines, though I'm too focused on the building before me to acknowledge the peculiarity of it.

The sound of their chase dies down as I run faster. With the building now in front of me, I crash through the glass door, not wanting to stop or slow down. I can barely feel my arms bleeding as my adrenaline keeps pumping.

I run down the warm, spacious interior, trying to reach the stairs as soon as possible. If only I can get to the top floor.

" It's been a long time, Master." A voice says behind me.

Before I can register what happened, I find myself on the floor with my consciousness quickly fading. As my vision begins to blur around the edges, the glass in front of me reflects a familiar humanoid robot, one that I thought had long since died.

"I'm sorry, Master." It says with sorrow.

The last thing I see is it crouching down to pick me up. And then, all goes black.