We will be expecting the delivery to occur tomorrow on Cawfield airbase at 23:00.

Sincerely,

SCORPIA

"I have to say Blunt, I'm the last one to question your methods, but I wonder why is Scorpia so interested in this child" the man leaned forward crossing his hands on top of the table "so tell me, have you recruited a child?"

"I thought you didn't question my methods" Blunt responded

The man threw is hands "your right, I Don't. It doesn't matter anyway because we're accepting the deal"

Mrs. Jones opened her mouth to say something, but Blunt raises his hand slightly, stopping her

"sir, Alex rider as helped us before, he has priceless Scorpia insights." Blunt said

"so make him say everything he knows now and then delivery him to Scorpia"

"you don't understand, he is valuable as an asset, he has a 100% success rate"

The prime minister laughed, "come on, Alan, you sent the kid in what? Two three missions"

"Most agents fails their first mission. He manages to complete them with almost no training, with the proper training he would be unstoppable."

"If you have to rely on a child to complete your future missions maybe it's a sign that you should train your agents better" the man said leaning back "my decision is final, you will make the exchange tonight"

Neither Blunt nor Mrs. Jones said anything as they got up and left the office.

"I tried" Blunt said to Mrs. Jones as they entered the car

"I know" she muttered. Truly she was surprised that her boss had stuck up for Alex, but in the end it was nothing more than a failed attempt, there was no way around this, Scorpia only asked for one thing, and it was Alex, there was no faking it, no way around it.

As they arrived to the department, Mrs. Jones noticed that Alex was in the same place, laughing as he talked to some agent. She had read Dr. Lamberg report, she knew how much Scorpia had scared him, and to know that in a few hours they here deliver him back to the place that he fought so hard to escape, it made her sick to her stomach. He may have brilliant skills, but in the end he is just a child, and it should be her job to protect him, not deliver him to the main source of danger.

"Call Smithers and Crawley to my office" blunt ordered before turning to enter his office

Mrs. Jones was quick to get the two agents and quickly locked themselves in Blunt's office

"Scorpia made an appearance and is asking for an exchange" Blunt began

"what do they want? "Crawley asked

Blunt slides copies of the letter to both of them, waiting for the to read

"Alex, they want Alex" Smithers stated with an underlining pain in his tone

"yes, they want Alex rider" Blunt stated leaning back in his chair "the prime minister left us no choice, we have to accept the deal"

"they will probably kill him or worse" Crawley said, it was true, Scorpia didn't take lightly being humiliated, and Alex did worse than that, he killed one of their board members

"we don't know that. It's too good of a deal for us to let it pass by, we don't have a choice"

" does he know" Smithers asked looking at a too much happy Alex that was sitting outside unknowns that his fate and probably death was being discussed inside the office