Chapter 17

Alex world went silent, his heart was beating wildly in his ears, his mouth was dry, he could only stare at the man in front of him. He knew it was a possibility that one of Scorpia members would find him, but he was so tired that he didn't pay attention to his surroundings. He took a deep breath, he couldn't let the enemy see his fear, not when he was at his weakest.

"You know that stalking a minor is a little creepy right?" he started. He knew that smug face weakness was his temper, if he played with that for a little while he could get the upper hand.

The man smiled "I told everyone that bring you was a mistake, but no one listened to me. I couldn't do anything with Gregorovish there, but now nothing is stopping me, Rider. I will kill you, and I will do it slowly. And I will enjoy every step of it" the man said slowly with a smile on his face, if anyone asked Alex he would say that this was the happiest he had seen smug face.

Alex looked around, they were in the middle of a road surrounded by forest on both sides, Alex had walked further than he had realized, there was no one in sight, they were completely alone, and Alex completely unarmed, tired and hurt. The odds weren't stacking in his favour.

"If you wanted to do it slowly, why are you holding a gun?" Alex asked mockingly after a while.

"You are right" the man said throwing the gun to the floor "I want to do it with my own hands, and this time you won't get the chance to do one of your dirty tricks."

Alex watch as the man threw the gun to the floor and asked himself how someone could be this dumb, even with Scorpia training Smug face let his pride get the best of him, and Alex was prepared to take advantage of that.

Smug face acted quickly practically throwing himself at Alex, who at the last second manage to dodge the attack.

"Are you afraid little Alex" smug face said using the nickname that Yassen used, Alex didn't know how the man had heard since Yassen didn't call him that often.

"Are you?" Alex was taunting him.

Once again, the man came at him this time managing to land a decent punch in Alex, before he could block it. The punch threw Alex back, making him land on the floor dazed. Although dumb, smug face could land a decent punch, being double the weight and towering over Alex it had hurt like hell.

Unfortunately, the man didn't waste any more time sitting on top of Alex taking the breath out of him, crushing his chest.

"It was fun meeting you Rider, but I'm afraid his time to go" he said putting his hands on Alex neck squeezing it, with a wicked grin on his face.

Alex mouth open and closed unable to grasp a single breath, his face getting redder by the second. The boy was getting desperate, his limbs were getting weaker and the man squeezing his life away was holding his face far enough, so Alex couldn't reach it with his fist. Alex laid there on the hot asphalt wondering if this was the end, getting killed by the same organization that had killed his parents and uncle, maybe this was the curse of the Rider's.

Alex was running out of time, black spots were already crowding his vision, nothing that he did loosen the man grip, for once in his life, smug face was being smart, it was a shame that he chose to do it right as he was killing Alex. Alex was losing hope along with his conscious, but then he saw it, he had almost forgotten about it, but there it was, in the corner of his eye he could see the discarded weapon.

He extended his arm feeling his fingertips brushing the tip of the gun, little by little pushing the weapon towards him until he manages to grab it. Mustering all the strength he had with his other arm he knocked on the man's elbow making him fall forward, and before he caught his grip Alex strike with the gun on the man forehead knocking him off him instantly.