Chapter 4

Two weeks passed and Alex life started to return to normal, as normal as it could be. Alex nightmares started to get worse, as the encounter with the assassin didn't help. But he was back to school and the fact that he knew that his 'bodyguard' was waiting at the entrance calmed his nerves, more that it should.

Alex didn't hear from MI6 again the only contact he had with the department was trough Ash, and the man didn't tell him anything, so he didn't know anything about gregorovich, but knowing mi6 they would only know where the assassin was when he showed up right in front of their face or killed someone and at that pace it would probably be Alex who will end up with a bullet in his head.

Alex couldn't help but wonder if what blunt said was true, perhaps Yassen did really take him just to use him as a distraction, because in the end that what Alex was used for a distraction, no hidden meanings, no second intentions, just a distraction to escape from MI6.

At this time, the assassin should half across the world, drinking a beverage while enjoying the sun, if assassins did that, if Alex had the funds, it was certainly where he would be, surfing in the hot Caribbean Sea, not stuck in rainy gray London, forgotten, and abandoned, felling a burden to everyone else that was left in his life.

"Alex, everything, ok?" Alex was startled by Ash, not even sensing him the room

"Yeah, I'm alright" Alex murmured looking back at the window, failing to notice the concern look on Ash face.

"Jack is ordering some pizza, go wash up, it will be here any minute"

Pizza, just like a normal dinner that they used to have, when it was the three of them, when his uncle was alive. Eating junk food that Alex always had to beg his uncle who hated greasy food, saying that it was bad for the health, and Alex always grinned when his uncle gave up on his demands. It always brought a sense of familiarity to Alex, comfort when eating pizza, it brought up his memories of when his life was perfect.

"No anchovies" Alex manages to say before leaving the room to go change his clothes, felling his mood lighting up a bit, who would have thought that the idea of food would have such an impact, it would have saved his therapist some time if she knew that. Just eat Alex, and forget about the international wanted assassin, that weirdly seems to know you, he could imagine her saying that.

Against Alex beliefs, not very far from his house stood a man inside a vehicle talking to his phone.

"I'm ready, are we clear to proceed with the plan?" was heard from the phone

"yes, remember your instructions, it's fast acting but doesn't last long"

"yes, sir"

"Alex, Pizza is here" the voice of his housekeeper echoed through the house, making him finish dressing in a rush.

Going down the stairs, Alex saw Ash putting the boxes of pizza on top off the table one box in each of their usual seats.

"Enjoy your meal, I'm doing one more sweep outside, to ensure everything is ok" Ash said before going to do his usual round he did every night, something that always made Alex at ease knowing that no one was outside trying to kill him or something.

Alex sat in his seat opening the box that was in front of him pleased to find his favorite pizza. Not even waiting for Jack to seat down he took a huge bit from his slice.

"you're eating like an animal Alex, at least grab a plate" Jack lecture him pushing a plate toward him.

"It adds flavor this away" Alex smiled at her with his mouth full, making her shake her head while trying not to smile