book review: the beast.

Stupid question: if you were living in 2019 at the same time as TUA S1 and the apocalypse, what would you experience since you didn't time travel?

Really dumb idea: TUA x TMR crossover (it's been forever since I've read TMR, so I'm a little cranky on the lore) anyway, so like there's kids with superpowers in the mazes, and are more potential to have the cure than normal kids, and like everything goes by the usual TMR plot, except after the events of the last book, the TUA plot comes in somehow. Idk how this would work, so I'll probably just put it up in the plot shop.

what I'm reviewing today:
the beast by voltaireux

SPOILERS ALERT!! (For everything.)

let's get started..

OMG I LOVE THIS BOOK SO MUCH. the humor, the pacing, the writing, the CHARACTERS. like, Zara deserves her own show bcs of how amazingly she's written. AND KIKI? I was a bit disappointed when we didn't get a lot of Kiki content in the latter part, but she's so funny it made me want a bird.

AND ZARA'S HATRED OF LUTHER? that was the funniest thing ever especially with she made the little kids attack him, and when she told him to become a eunich.

Vanya was actually an interesting character in here, and not a cardboard cutout, which I was surprised to see.

I really did not like Ralph, but he was so goofy, especially calling the commission Communists-

now the big part-

OKAY BUT FIVE IN THIS BOOK? OMG WAS IT A RIDE TO SEE HIS AND ZARA'S DECLINE INTO INSANITY

BUT THE END?? LIKE, THEY KISSED AND AN HOUR LATER SHE SHOOTS HIM DEAD. AFTER BEING ACCEPTED AS AN HONORARY MEMBER OF THE UMBRELLA ACADEMY? THAT WAS SUCH A PLOT TWIST.

But really, I can't imagine it having a good ending.

anyway, for some reason I remember reading this book a while back and it having a different plot? Like she joins the Sparrow Academy, I think?

ANYWAY, ten out of ten, will read again.