34

Hope greeted me with a tight hug with her gummy smile and giggles.

Nandito ako ngayon sa mansion nila Jon para bisitahin si Hope at para na rin kumustahin si Jon.

His Mom also greeted me with a warm welcome from the living area.

"May lakad po ba kayo?" tanong ko sa kaniya.

"I'll take Hope out, buy her new toys, and take her shopping," she said with excitement in her voice.

Napag-usapan na namin ito ni Jon, dati pa, na sana bawas-bawasan ng Mom niya ang paglabas nila ni Hope. It's not that I don't want Hope to bond with her grandparents, it's just that I don't want her to experience so much luxury at a very young age.

"How about you?" his mother asks.

"Kakausapin ko lang po si Jon with regards the event tonight from our firms," I said.

"Jon's upstairs from his office... and he's not really doing well since," she sighed and sounded worried.

Lahat naman kami ay nag-aalala sa kaniya, but Jon isn't the type of person who always share his thoughts and feelings not unless it is needed.

Hinintay ko silang maglola na makaalis bago ako umakyat sa office ni Jon. Nadatnan ko siyang nakahilata sa kaniyang office chair habang nagkalat naman ang mga papers niya sa paligid.

"Are you okay?" I said first.

"Sorry, medyo makalat," sinubukan niyang ayusin ang mga papel sa harap niya pero hindi niya alam kung papaano sisimulan.

"Just leave it, aalis din naman ako agad," I look around and the place is really messed up, "I just want to ask you if you will come from the event later?"

"I will,"

Pinaalala ko kung anong oras yung event at tinanong ko na rin siya kung gusto niyang magsabay kami. Celebration party lang naman ito mula sa firm nila at firm namin.

"Jon, are you sure? You can talk to me, you know, as a friend," I said with sincerity.

"I know... it's just that, I don't know what to feel right now, and I'm trying to distract myself... but all is well, or I try to be," he replied in assurance.

So, I didn't force him to open up and just let him.

When I got back from the office, I also prepared now for the party. Jon promised to pick me up by eight so I made it earlier so I could have time to prepare. I just decided to wear an off-shoulder silky blue dress with a slight slit on it. I bought it last week just for this event.

Nang makarating kami sa venue, we just started vibing with the night.