05

TW.

"Hi, Angel," I tried to make my voice sound calmer.

She sat there on the sofa in front of me, lifting a quick smile without even looking back at me. She just stared at the glass table placed near to us.

"You can be open and tell me anything okay, you have nothing to be afraid of,"

Natili kaming tahimik, hinihintay ko ang kaniyang pagtango sa akin pero walang dumating. Sumunod ang mga natural na tanong ko mula sa kaniya para mas lalong pagaanin ang bigat sa pagitan namin.

This is always a normal part of being placed in the position.

Here in this country, there's still a strong sucking stigma in the mind of people that when someone goes to therapy, they are either having a troubled mind or really incomprehensible. People tend to be sensitive and can easily judge others, especially those who really need to seek mental health, and it's sad because they are also the toxic ones who never believed that mental health is also like any other health we should focus on.

Hindi ito gawa-gawa lang. Hindi ito cool or trendy. Hindi ito pinipiling mangyari. At mas lalong hindi ito isang bagay na may agarang gamutan.

It's more complex than what it is- more than what it could truly bring to people who are at the verge of surviving above it.

"Anong mandalas na ginagawa mo after school? Do you have hobbies, do you hang-out kasama mga friends mo?"

Wala pa rin siyang interes sa mga tanong ko. Napatingin ako sa bintana at nagbabakasakaling sasagipin ako ni Doc Santos pero wala kahit ang anino niya.

"Do you want to tell me your favorite things to do or yung mga bagay na ginagawa mo noong grade school ka?" I tried to make it lighter again just to allow herself to open up in the simplest ways.

Tahimik lang siya pero mula sa ekspresyon ng kaniyang mukha, ngayon ay napaisip siya sa aking tanong.

"It's okay, this is just random questions, Angel, but it would be better if you-"

"I like playing with bubbles before," the invisible tape from her mouth finally cut off, "mahilig ako noong bata na magpalobo ng bubbles," her eyes looks like reminiscing that moment.

Binanat ko ang magaang ngiti sa aking mukha, "are you usually with your friends or-" she didn't let me finish.

"Kasama ko si Papa," she responded quickly.

"Are you close with him?"

"Mm," she nods now this time while her face remains intact staring at the table.

"And do you want to talk about-" I think I let go of my questions carelessly this time.