I head to my room to grab the extra brushes, carefully putting them in my bag. With my bag slung over my shoulder and phone in hand, I head down to the kitchen for breakfast.

"Good morning Maasi, Mausa!"I greet them as I enter, sitting beside Maasi as the maids serve breakfast.

"Good morning baccha(Child)," Mausa and Maasi greet me back, their warm smiles making me feel at home. We engage in light conversation as we eat the delicious breakfast prepared by the maids.

After finishing my breakfast, I get up and put my plate in the sink. Coming back to the dining table, I pick up my bag.

"I'm leaving Maasi; the bus would be here anytime. I'll see you guys in the evening," I say, pecking their cheeks. Just as I'm about to leave, Maasi grabs my wrist, stopping me.

I look back at her, puzzled, and then at Mausa, who shrugs in confusion. "Kya hua maasi? (What happened, aunty?)" I ask, concerned, looking at her for an explanation.

"Beta, hume shaam ko aapse ek jaruri baat karni hai, toh late mat hona. (My dear, I want to discuss something important with you, so try not to be late.)" Maasi says in a serious tone, making me nod.

"Okay, you can go now. We'll talk in the evening." With that, I walk out of the house and stop outside the gate, waiting for the bus. 

As I wait for the bus, my mind buzzes with questions about what Maasi said. What could be so important? Is it something I need to know? And will it bring good news or bad? Honk! Honk!! The bus horn snaps me out of my thoughts.

I glance up to see the bus door opening. Pushing aside my worries for now, I board the bus and settle into a seat beside Sofia, who's bubbling with excitement. Her infectious energy lifts my spirits, at least for the moment.

A few hours pass, and the bus finally reaches the site. As I step off, I notice the dashing and handsome Ratan Das emerging from his car. Adjusting his blazer, he runs his hand through those silky black hair, a frown evident on his face. His piercing grey eyes scan the surroundings as if searching for something until they lock onto mine. My heartbeat quickens with every passing second, caught in a momentary staring contest with him.

Sofia grabs my arm, pulling me towards the tent, and I reluctantly avert my eyes from Ratan, trying to calm my racing heart. We walk towards the tent as the men stop to talk with Ratan, the atmosphere buzzing with a mix of tension and anticipation. The encounter leaves me intrigued and a bit flustered, wondering about the significance of our brief eye contact.

After entering the main tent, I open my bag and take out the set of brushes.

"Sofia, here is the set you asked for," I say, handing the pouch of brushes to her.

"Thank you so much, Bestie. I'll give it back as soon as I buy a new set," she expresses her gratitude.

"It's okay, Sofia. You can keep it as long as you want," I reply with a smile. She side-hugs me before heading off to her workstation, leaving me feeling content about helping a friend.

Taking out the distorted painting, I carefully begin working on its edges and frame, delicately removing the layers of dust that have settled over time. The soft strokes of my brush create a rhythmic dance as I focus on restoring its original beauty. The tent is filled with the muted sounds of others engaged in their respective tasks.

After a while, Shekhar and other guys enter the tent, accompanied by Ratan. As they disperse to their workstations, Shekhar and Ratan make their way to my table. Shekhar takes a seat opposite me, leaving the chair next to me the only vacant one. However, Ratan intervenes, stopping Shekhar.