I need my daughter to be okay. Olli would kill me if anything happened to her.

"Zoe is fine, Isabella."
I hear her say immediately, as if she was already sensing my thoughts. I feel my heart instantly cool down.

I still don't know why she's calling so I stay quiet while she continues.

She explains an emergency that's occurred in her family that she needs to attend to. Zoe has to be fetched.

I take a deep breath to block out the worry that immediately washes over me. Today is arguably the busiest day we've had since I got here, leaving is practically impossible unless I leave with my resignation.

So as I stand by the phone staring at my colleagues running around the kitchen, I  consider my options.

My parents made it clear they wanted nothing to do with me. Evin offered to help me if I needed anything but I don't know if he meant it like that.

A part of me feels like he was just being polite, plus he doesn't even know I have a child, it would be asking for a lot from my boss.

The last option... Zoe's father.

As I mentioned before, Olli would kill me if something happened to his daughter. Surely there will be consequences for my latest ask but I will feel better knowing that she is safe with the man who contributed to her existence.

I will figure out all else after.

Feeling thankful that I still remember Olli's number by heart, I quickly dial it and it's answered after a few rings.

"Hello."
I ignore the sharp pain in my chest at the sound of a voice I don't hear too often but know very well.

I try to speak but my voice seems to be stuck in my throat.

"Hello?"
The British tone sounds again, this time louder than before.

"Hi, Sophia. This is Izzy."

"Oh."
She doesn't try to hide her disappointment and I don't blame her. I'm every girlfriend's worst nightmare; the baby momma.

"Is Olli there?"

I haven't spoken to Olli since the evening I went to see my parents. I didn't have the guts to face him after our conversation and he never tried to reach out either.

So for the past few days, I've been communicating with his assistant who's been picking Zoe up from my place to her father's.

It was better that way.

"Olli can't come to the phone right now, Izzy. Can I help you with something?"

My mind automatically concludes that she knows about the conversation. Olli was always an open book... it's one of his best qualities.

"I, uhm... it's Zoe."

"Where is she?"
Her tone seems to have already figured out that I need help. I don't like it one bit... but that's hardly her fault.

"She's at her friend's. I don't have my phone right now so I'll message you the address from my colleague's phone."

"Uh-huh."