Boxes, Books, and Bonding by the Water Hole

After everyone is cleaned up and in their bedrooms, its 10:20 pm I'm enjoying the quiet and sitting at my vanity. I take off my makeup, put my soft honey-kissed hair in a messy bun, and change into my comfortable PJs - an off-the-shoulder jumper and shorts. (Here's what I think her outfit and hair would look like but you can imagine it differently if you like!)

I put my legs up and hug my knees, half waiting for Cole to come and unpack and half wanting to do it all before he shows up to prove that I'm not some weak girl he thinks I am

I get up and as I go to light a match, Cole sneaks into my room scares me, and almost makes me drop the match into my bed. He rushes over. I smile kind of awkwardly, and Cole mimics the awkward smile. I smile at him and bend down to light the candle, not aware that Cole is right behind me. He respectfully takes a few steps back before I stand up.

He begins to explain, "Uh, all's my bad. Benny wasn't falling asleep. It takes him a while sometimes." (What Cole is wearing)

I let him know it was okay and lightly squeezed his hand, thinking if that was too much

I let him know it was okay and lightly squeezed his hand, thinking if that was too much. I turn away from him, and he rubs his thumb on my hand and I feel his eyes on me. My eyes widen. My brain reminds me that he knows what he's doing, so I quickly go over to the boxes, and Cole follows.

I initiate the unpacking process, and Cole ignores the process and helps me with my boxes. After a few minutes of unpacking, he slightly tickles my shoulder, acting all scared, making me think there's a spider on me. I yelp a little, and he starts laughing. I hit his shoulder playfully a few times while he takes a few steps back until he backs into the wall his hair falling into his face and I'm still hitting his shoulder, so he grabs my waist and hand to get me to stop. He twirls me around and softly pushes me back to where we were unpacking him walking back grinning.

I'm still wondering why he's being all sweet after that comment maybe he was having a bad day I think to myself.

After a few minutes, he tries to tickle me again, and in a frustrated tone, I tell him to "stop." I don't even look at him, and he puts his hands up and turns around, turning to the boxes that say albums/music. I can hear him rattling and making some loud noises, and then I hear a little crack, and my heart warms, and I suddenly forgive him again as I hear the dreamy start to "Crush" by Cigarettes After Sex.