POKER FACES AND FAKE SMILES

As the curtains opened, Blythe walked slowly through the stage. A hidden fake smile that makes the people adore the latter. It was her weapon to gain attention.

"Welcome to the House of Akaibara, my beloved people, this is Blythe, your favorite host!" Her moves were calculated. Blythe's facial expressions were puppetry and lure to capture everyone's eyes.

Akairo entered the stage as he and Blythe exchanged glances. The two does their rotinue. "Always do your best." The latter whispered, as the two performed in stage flawlessly.

Blythe's eyes were focused; her smile never-changing like she was programmed. After a few seconds, she raised her right hand and flashed her sign, a V-shape, that's when the curtains closed. The crowd was on fire screaming and applauding for Blythe. "Blythe, well done."

Akairo nodded and praised Blythe. "You did such a great job. The audience really is your oyster." *Blythe was breathing heavily.*

"Do you think they know I really don't love this? Even if it's the main reason I became famous in this world, it's really tiring having to fake smile for hours straight." She spoke in a serious tone with a sad look on her face, it was the first time the latter didn't keep the smile for a few hours. "You do remember that we're controlled by the goddess' authorities, so breaking a rule would be a big sin.

Akairo reminded Blythe, rubbing her head with his wrapped hand. "We'll keep going. Then you could wander around after this.." Blythe was still frustrated. The host couldn't let it go, there was a part of her that was always on fire to keep on faking her smile. However, the latter needed to get back to her performance.

"Okay... Sorry." As she got back to her spot on stage, she looked at Akairo with a bright smile and bowed. She got back her puppetry facial expression instantly and continued her act. After Blythe went back to their dorm, she suddenly heard the Ayston triplets Blythe was taking care since last year.

"Big sis Blythe!" Trina, Trisha and Trixie jumped hugged the latter excitedly. A smile suddenly took a toll on Blythe's face, despite all the time she kept the puppet smile, it was the first time she smiled with warmth and the girls' affection. She dropped her shoulders and hugged back the triplets.

"Aww, how are you girls doing? I missed you a lot."
The host's tone was full of affection. She knew that the triplets were attached to her and that the love was mutual between them, therefore, she felt free when spending time with them. "Mommy Theo told us to stay in the theatre for the night..."

Trina added, jumping in joy. "Because, you know... Our bad Dada lefts me and my siblings when mom got us." *Blythe's smile still present, while being with the triplets, it was one of the moments where she showed her emotions and affection. She listened to the triplets' talk and knew that their words were the reason why they always stuck together. The latter's eyes flashed as she thought the absent father's mistake, so she took an action.

"You girls should spend the night with me in the dorm." Blythe spoke firmly. The lady guides the little girls to the room. Suddenly, footsteps could be heard coming from downstairs. An eerie sound of a man was ringing on her ears.

"I smell someone's in here.." The man uttered in a husky, deep-toned voice that made the triplets kinda scared. Blythe's ears perked up as the voice got closer to the room. As her heart was pounding fast, her mind was only focused on protecting the triplets from this unknown person. She put the girls in a corner in the room, whispering to them silently.

"You girls stay hidden until I'm back, okay?" As soon as she said that, the door opened, and the person entered. "Big sis, d-don't leave us! We're scared!"

Trisha grabbed the end of Blythe's skirt softly, her little hands trembing in fear. Hearing the girls in fear and their call for her got the host's attention. Blythe was really attached to them, so the latter couldn't do anything but defend them. With a swift motion, the woman stood up to face the man that was right in front of her. She didn't flinch.

"Who are you and what you're doing in my room?"
Blythe said, showing a fake smile, as an attempt to hide the fury that was getting out of control. *The lights suddenly turned on. She saw a guy with a box mask in his head.

"Oh, it's Blythe... Sorry sis, I'm kinda lost in this huge place..." It was Mono, the staff guy who always wears mask. Blythe's rage turned into relief the moment she saw Mono, the staff guy she was familiar with.

"Mono, you scared us for a moment; I thought someone else entered my room." The latter turned to the triplets and made a silly face. She wanted to calm them and assure that she was not in trouble, but that they were safe.