36. 𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘵 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘦

this is a longer chapter for you lovely humans!
thank you so much for all the love <3

"Sid, you need to wake up," Are the first words I hear as I wake up, keeping my eyes firmly closed thanks to the pounding pain in my head. We all had too much to drink last night, and not in a drowning my sorrows kind of way, but a 'we're having a fucking great time' kind of way.

"Swivel on it," I mumble into the couch pillow, holding my middle finger up at him.

"We've got a geometry test, come on," I hear Pope tell me, a reminder that last night I drunkenly agreed to go back to school now that I'm healing.

"I'm pretty sure that any contracts signed under duress or while intoxicated are null and void." I mutter, wiping my eyes with my hands as I rest my head on JJ's shoulder.

"I make the lady right," JJ mutters in agreement.

"This isn't Suits, this is Kildare, come on," Pope tells us as I open my eyes.

"Fine," I huff, pulling myself up off of the couch, grabbing JJ's chequered shirt and heading for the spare room, quickly changing into fresh clothes, spraying myself head to toe with perfume and chucking on JJ's shirt over my t-shirt before returning to the boys.

"Come on," Pope sighs, pulling JJ up from the couch, John B and Kiara joining us.

"I'll meet up with you guys later," Kiara tells us as I grab a pair of sunglasses and put them on, not having a better alternative to prevent the headache from worsening.

"I'm starving, I need pizza." JJ mumbles as Pope and John B drag us out to the twinkie.

"No, you missed breakfast." Pope tells him firmly.

"That's not fair," JJ groans as we reach the car, John B pulling the door open and essentially crawling into his seat as JJ and I follow after him, Pope heading for the driver's seat.

"Easy on the speed bumps, Pope," I mutter as he begins to drive, curling up on a pile of cushions between JJ and John B, "I will throw up at any sudden movements."

"I'll be ordering one of everything in the school cafeteria," JJ announces.

"Make that two," I sigh, desperate for anything to cure this hangover, "Why did you boys let me go so hard last night?"

"Sid, I did warn you," Pope tells me as I close my eyes desperate for just another twenty minutes of sleep.

"Did anyone actually study for this quiz today?" I groan.

"Well I-"

"You don't count, Pope." JJ mumbles.

"Why do we need geometry anyway?" I sigh, "We're all destined for a life of island based misery, minus Pope."

"You should have more faith in yourself, Sid," Pope replies.

"She's right," JJ nods in agreement, "Us three are essentially parentless now, nothing to lose."

"Precisely," I agree, pulling my phone out of my pocket, contemplating the idea of sending Maggie a text to ask why she'd tell our parents about the drugs when I told her not to. But I'm beaten when I'm reminded of what I've lost in the last week thanks to my lockscreen. I've been so busy that I've barely looked at my phone, but seeing the picture I took of Rafe when he wasn't looking is just another reminder that I don't have him anymore.