Glory (1/2) 💠

"Regard my dear, it's all downhill from here"
-Pink + White

Chapter VII: 🍂

[1 week Later]

🔸So Mun POV

"You look happier of late!"
I frown, looking up at them with one raised eyebrow as a smile makes it's way across my mouth.

"Do I?"

I walk through the corridors of the school, in company of Ju-yeon and Kim Woong-min.
My mind carefree and occupied by images of Hana, her elegant form imprinted like a picture in my brain. The long wavy hair and her adorable smile. Even today we kissed in the morning, before I left home. And her perfume is still soaked into my clothes. It's been a week in total since we had our confessions, and things have never gone so well.
And besides, now that I'm a counter, my friends are free to roam around without the constant fear of being harassed by the usual bullies. And I'm happy about that.
I'm definitely glad.

"I don't know what you guys are talking about, but yes, things are going well," I reply, twiddling my fingers, hiding the fact that Hana and I are getting closer. Mo-tak and Mae-Ok don't know anything about it, and for now we agreed to keep it a secret, to take it easy and see how things would play out.
It's too early to enter into an official relationship, but I hope so. I'm very hopeful.
As for Adrien, he's been rather quiet lately, I didn't have any nightmares since our last fight at his penthouse. And the waters seem to be calm for the time being. He did not seek me out and I neither.

"Guys, what's going on down there?"

I spin around.

Ju-Yeon points to a group of girls encircling a slender, tall, sturdy figure. The man is standing with his back to us and his sleek hair falls perfectly over his broad shoulders.
I recognise the slender profile, the shape of the muscles under that elegant red fabric. The large, strong hands. The confident posture. Perilous attitude.

As soon as you mention the devil, the horns come out.

"Adrien..."
My eyes harden as result.

"Do you know him?" they ask me.
I don't answer straight away, but then I nod in annoyance.

"Sounds like a fan convention!" Woong jokes confused, watching as the female students step forward, asking him lots of questions and whispering about how handsome and elegant he is.

I approach the crowd, followed by my two best friends. They are curious and trying to read the situation, unlike me who only foresees trouble coming.
What the hell is he doing here? Of all places?
My irritation mounts immediately, and so does my perpetual anxiety about him.

He makes me feel so many things I can't put a name to.

"You shouldn't be here!" I exclaim, interrupting the commotion. The background buzz in the hallway.
Adrien turns with a casualness and a radiant composure that makes me nervous, because while he exudes coolness I am agitated as hell.

"How delightful to see you again! I was hoping for a chance to meet, darling," he greets me with an overly cheerful grin that doesn't sit well with me.

"Enough with the crap. What are you doing here?"

Adrien rolls his eyes, snorting, as if I'm ruining his momentary amusement.
"I came to substitute a teacher, as a maths lecturer."
I clench my teeth and fists simultaneously. The onlookers, from admiring girls to curious classmates, are fixated on our exchange.
I want to yell at everyone to leave but I hold back.

"Woong-min, Ju-Yeon! Wait for me outside," I command impatiently. "And you, come with me now!"

I shoot Adrien a stern glare, urging him to leave the central corridor and follow me somewhere more private.