♱. CHAPTER 1.

. PRIESTESS KNOWLES

It ain't no secret that a peaceful reconciliation is the least popular sacrament

It ain't no secret that a peaceful reconciliation is the least popular sacrament. The reasons for this statement are obvious enough, people nowadays are too self-involved, too prideful, and way too out of it spiritually to know when they should call a truce for their own good and nobody else's. But the clearest reason of them all at this current moment was this fucking booth.

I know, I know... A priestess' mouth isn't to be foul, but I also cannot help it when all I have to deal with in most of the days is people confessing the stupidest things that they think would stop them from stepping a foot into Heaven. This is one of the perks and disadvantages of living in Echoville, a small country next to my hometown, Texas. Not everyone is that much of a sinner, but also not everyone is that much of a saint either, I just had to make it my mission to differentiate between both and then keep it to myself. That is a part of my job, and whatever promises and oaths I had to take and live by from then on.

I adjusted the sleeves of my black shirt as I sat up here listening to Shawn Carter talk a good game, a good friend of mine and a frequent visitor to the Church whenever he smoked a few joints and fucked a few bitches on the same day, as he liked to describe it. Does he have some shame and couth? Yes, at times. Does he know when to use it? No. I can't blame him for it though, his frequentations and lifestyle is a major factor in the way he carries himself.

Who am I to judge though? I sit here, listen, advise, and throw that shit behind me after stepping both of my feet outsida God's house. After my work here is done, I carry on with my normal activities like any normal person would. Being a lord's representative wearing some black clothing is a choice, one that I willingly opted for due to several reasons, ones that I'd talk about later on.

"Yo, Priestess lady, I'm talking to you." I heard Shawn saying as he knocked on the wooden window to grab my attention.

I have a short attention span from time to time, one that I tried compromising with Jesus about. "If you fix my attention span habits, I will fix one of my secret habits that no one but you know about." And well, it's safe to say that he ain't fixed that yet, and I ain't backed down from singing erotica for this one international podcast. Am I sick enough for bargaining with God as his priestess? Shit, probably, but ion think he has an issue with all that I do, cause if so, he woulda sent something to punish or test me with. And so far, so good.

"Beyoncé!" I heard Shawn shouting once he saw that I was still in my bubble and didn't respond to him yet.

I shook my head at his loud antics while clearing my throat so he can know I am not playing with him today. "You got one more time to address me out of my given name in this holy place, and I will make sure to not let you step any further in the near future as we both know your nature, Mr. Carter." I told him evenly in a calm professional tone I am posed to be having around here.