37. - A Lair Hidden in Plain Sight.

Start from the beginning

...Great. So I'm stuck now?

Negative.
Performing analysis on the Magic Traces left on the tree will allow me to calculate what spell to use.

Why couldn't you have said so earlier?!
I sighed, before touching the tree 'bark' with my tail. The moment I did, [Sages' Wisdom] began its calculation.

It wasn't a very short process, however I eventually managed to receive a report.
Aaand.. I was unable to get in. Yeah, the Magic Spell required for the 'door' to activate was something that could only be used through [Energy Magic]-

Which, I don't have.
Welp- back to square one. What else can I do?

Suggestion;
Since the Tree is acting as the link, it is possible to enter the space linked to it by destroying the tree - since it will reveal the linked location.

...Then what did I go through the trouble of analysing it for? Jesus - For a skill called
[Sages' Wisdom] - it can be quite... I don't know - dense? Is that the right description?

Well, it didn't matter.
In the following moment, I used [Venom Shocker] to completely desimate the tree. The moment I did, a sudden hole in the ground behind me appeared, which lead down to somekind of underground location.

'Is this the linked location?'

Positive.

Sweet.
Well, time to start moving. I smirked slightly, before leaping into the opening, slowly slithering down the stairs.

...

Inside, the stairs seemed to go on forever, as they just kept on going down and down. It was honestly beginning to remind me a lot of the ruins where I found Arabor.

Which I was not happy about..
Even if I am now much, much larger in size than I was back then, I still figured that getting up these stairs would be a nightmare afterwards.

Wait... I also could just use [Shadow Manipulation] to get out instantly...
It just clicked for me.

Well, I suppose getting out isn't a problem no more.

I sighed, as I continued to slither down the stairs - [Undetectable] remaining active the whole time. As I got deeper down the stairs, I noticed a strange and rather dim light at the bottom.

'Is that the end to these stairs?'

I thought, picking up my pace as I quickly slithered down the remaining stairs.
Once I reached the bottom of them, I was met with a long, bending hall, which led even deeper into this whole thing.

This whole thing was beginning to feel like a dungeon.. Hopefully it wasn't.

'Sages' Wisdom - stay alert. Warn me of every little movement that may be suspicious.'

Understood.

Yeah, I was NOT taking any risks.
Even if I most likely could easily take care of anything that I didn't know was approaching me, I liked to be aware of potential threats beforehand.

After all - you never know who is actually kinda strong and who is a pushover.

I traversed the long tunnel for a little bit.
It was beginning to become a lot more dim, however thankfully that wasn't an issue for me - since thankfully, snakes had naturally better vision in the dark than humans.