24. Change of plan

Start from the beginning

"I did Khun Kinn. I am ready too." Arm answered, his voice resonating in each of their ears.

"Oi! You better bring them back and bring your own ass back home safely!" Tankhun's voice was also heard after making them smile.

All but Kim. He was trying to concentrate and to not be too fast in everything. As always, working in a team wasn't something he liked a lot but he had no choice and he also felt stronger now that if he would be hurt, some other people would be here. Kim took in his hand the guitar's pick Porchay had gifted him. He never said to Porchay that he had turned it into a necklace, a necklace he hadn't been wearing since they got back together. He didn't feel as if he was still deserving to wear something this important. It felt different now, he hoped that this little part of their love, the one which immediately made Kim's heart melt, would be their lucky charm for Porchay to be back home. Kim didn't think of his own security for this time, he didn't mind this at all. The situation was too painful for him to even think of himself.

"And everyone. This time if needed, you have the order to kill anyone, to shoot at anyone who is putting your lives or Porsche's and Porchay's in danger." Kinn ordered.

And they all knew perfectly what he meant by this, they all knew what volcano was boiling intensely inside of Kinn, between regrets and the impatient emotion of wanting to do it great this time.

-

Macau had moved Vegas with great difficulties. His brother had been severely hurt by their father and it wasn't easy for him to move without whining. He led him to a hotel he was used to going to when he needed some time alone. Macau pushed him on the bed, not able to be delicate when his back and shoulders were hurting this much. Thankfully, his brother had gained more strength after some time and he tried to not totally let his weight crush Macau.

The youngest sat next to him, out of breath. His lungs and muscles hurt a lot but at least they were out, not safe not now, but not in that house anymore.

"Macau...this blood on you...tell me." It was the first words Vegas said, not moving at all, the violence of his father throbbing through his body.

"Don't be mad...please..." Macau couldn't look at Vegas, he was worried, still wondering if he would be able to accept a version of his brother he had no idea existed.

"Just tell me please...I need to know how much I failed you..." Vegas put his wrist against his face.

"You didn't Hia!" Macau protested but Vegas eyed him and it wasn't soft, it wasn't protecting, it was asking, but it was not menacing, it was more encouraging to talk. "I...might have...or I really did...beat up our dad...just enough to be able to run away! And to scotch his mouth to not be able to call for help before he would be found."

"You? You did this?" Vegas asked, whining when he sat but the pain was too strong.

"Was it bad? I know...I know all that you did might not have been something you wanted, you know I had enough of this." He said, tears strangling his throat.

Vegas just patted his head, not really the best at comforting people but still trying. "I am just surprised...I thought that you were just playing your games..."

"It wouldn't have worked if I gave the sensation to be part of it...you know that I put a mic in our father's room? I am proud he never found it."

Vegas's expression was hard to describe for Macau, it might be hard for the man to even understand what he w as himself feeling in that situation. "You mean...that you heard it all?"

The screams, the slaps, the humiliation for not being the bestest, for not winning anything, for just existing. His pupils showed a kind of discomfort which wasn't caused by Macau, more about himself, he never showed this part of him, he felt that a curtain had been raised without him knowing that it would happen. He was out of his place and out of the mind he always had thought was his. The reflection he was giving to Macau and the one he had built for the rest of the world were in contradiction.

"I am sorry..."

"Nothing can be made...sorry you had to play the spy because I wasn't enough..." Vegas smiled, trying to ignore what he was truly feeling, the shame of not being able to protect his brother.

"Shut up Hia!" Vegas turned his head towards him, startled." You did your best and you can't fail at something you didn't want to do, you're more than enough as yourself...it's father and his obsessions..." Vegas ignored this too. He nodded, silent, keeping control. "Tell me please." Macau said facing his closed mouth. "What was the plan?"

"The plan? Well you heard it...Tawan and Ken would find a way to kidnap Porsche and I would be the one to save their asses...showing that they can't even take care of their private life, how can they take care of the business?" He asked, with a vicious voice but it changed into a whisper. "Stupid right?"

"Really stupid..." Macau confirmed. "But there was some ideas behind...though why does Tawan want in this?"

"To be honest I have no idea...I feel that he might have lost so much privilege by being chased by Kinn, I even thought that he had killed him, imagine my surprise when he came to me. This man isn't dangerous in theory, but when it comes to gain he is terrifying. He betrayed Kinn but now he refuses to move on even after he let him live? Everything looks like it's about greed..."

Macau agreed on this. Vegas might have done shit by associating him with this man but he was more stable, it might be why he could innocently stay at home and wait for them to do all of the job. He had been a brain for their arms but to be honest, Vegas acting like this wasn't usual. The plan was really not that impressive, Macau could feel the despair of his brother trying his all for their father but ending up working dirtily because he had been pushed too much.

"So, I did a great thing by keeping you here." Macau laughed.

"Yes...but Macau...I am scared about one thing..."

"What? Tell me?" Macau asked, squeezing his hands.

"I have no idea...what Tawan can do when he knows that I am not coming...He is unpredictable and hopeless about everything...he has nothing to lose..." Vegas admitted, his voice losing stability.

Macau squeezed his hand tighter. He knew what his brother meant. He might not be part of the result but he had been at the beginning, he had prepared it, he was at the head. Whatever choice they had made now, if something was going wrong, they would still be guilty. They had no idea how the main family would react, they were called from the minor family for a reason, them disappearing wasn't that bad. Porsche and Porchay might understand them, Porchay was such an adorable kitty for Macau. They might be the one to save their lives but if something, anything, was going to happen to the brothers, they had no hope at all. Kinn, Kim and Tankhun would condemn them, they might even be able to satisfy years of annoyance. They felt vulnerable but at least, they were together, through life and maybe death.