Chapter 15 - Chamber of Secrets

Start from the beginning

"Well, you'd best hope I don't put bars on your window." Molly replies. Artemis scoffs, rolling her eyes. Her mum glares at her as she passes them to walk into the kitchen. "Come on, time for breakfast."

"Mummy, have you seen my jumper?" Ginny asks as she runs into the room as Artemis and the boys eat their breakfast.

"Yes, dear..." She starts to answer, trailing off after Ginny spots Harry and rushes out of the room. Fred and George share a look as they try not to laugh.

"That was Ginny, our younger sister." Artemis tells Harry.

"She's been talking about you all summer. A bit annoying, really." Ron adds.

"She'll be wanting your autograph." Fred teases. Molly glares at him and he lowers his head, focusing on his food.

"Morning, Weasleys." Mr. Weasley greets as he walks into the house. 

"Morning, Dad." His kids reply.

"What a night! Nine raids. Nine!" He exclaims, moving to the other side of the room to take off his cloak, hat, and shoes.

"Raids?" Harry asks.

"Dad works in the Ministry of Magic, in the Misuse of Muggle Artifacts Office. Dad loves Muggles. Thinks they're fascinating." Ron explains as Arthur returns to the table, kissing Molly's cheek before taking his seat.

"Who are you?" He asks, spotting Harry.

"Oh, sorry, sir. I'm Harry, sir. Harry Potter." He introduces himself.

"Good lord. Are you really?" Arthur replies. Harry smiles awkwardly. "Well, Ron and Artemis have told us all about you, of course."

"Dad!" Artemis protests, embarrassed as Harry turns to smirk at them.

"It's all right, dear. When did he get here?" He asks.

"This morning." Molly tells him. Artemis tries to slip out of her chair, but her mum rests her hands on her shoulders, pushing her back into her seat. "Your sons and daughter flew that enchanted car of yours to Surrey and back last night."

"Did you really? How'd it go?" Arthur asks. As they start to answer, Molly smacks her husband's shoulder disapprovingly. "I mean...that was very wrong indeed, children. Very wrong of you." He corrects. Harry looks at Ron and Artemis and they struggle not to laugh. "Now, Harry, you must know all about Muggles. Tell me, what exactly is the function of a rubber duck?"

Before Harry can answer, there's a loud screech from outside.

"Oh, that'll be Errol with the post." Molly says. They watch as the owl flies towards the window, but instead of flying through the open one, he crashes into the closed side. The boys groan and Artemis glares at them.

"Shut up!" She tells them before they can make fun of the owl. She gets up from her seat and carefully lifts Errol into her arms. She brings him back to the table and takes her seat, handing the letters to her mum as she tends to the owl, feeding him and giving him a drink of water.

"It's your Hogwarts letters." She announces, handing the letters out. "Oh! We've got yours too, Harry."

"Dumbledore must know you're here. Doesn't miss a trick, that man." Arthur says.

"Mum, these look expensive." Artemis tells her as she looks at her list.

"We'll manage." She assures her children as she takes the list from her daughter. "You've got your own money, so you don't worry." She adds, rubbing Artemis' back as she looks at the books. 

Molly shakes her head, remembering what four of her children did to get Harry here.

"Once you're done with breakfast, the four of you are going to de-gnome the garden." She announces. "Harry, you can go on up to bed."

"No, it's all right. I've never seen a de-gnoming." He tells her.

"It's boring." Artemis warns him as Molly retrieves her book.

"Let's see what Lockhart's got to say on the subject." She says. Artemis and the Weasley boys groan, rolling their eyes at the mention of Lockhart.

"We know how to de-gnome a garden." George protests.

"Mum fancies him." Fred tells Harry, gesturing to Lockhart on the cover as Molly continues reading the book.

"Don't be ridiculous, Fred." She scolds, blushing. "If you think you know better than Lockhart, you can go and get on with it, and woe betide you if there's a single gnome in that garden when I come out to inspect it."

"Come on, Harry. We'll show you how." Artemis says, leading the way outside.